Upgrade PSP

max10

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

can someone helping me, am trying to upgrade my psp from 3.71 m33 to the latest version as i can not play fifa 2010.

Thanks

i pasted the folder in the game folkder and when i load up the psp gen file it comes up with a message saying process fail cant load module.

Any tips

hey bud,

I think the link JTH sent u was just the update file to go from 5.50 GEN-a to 5.50 GEN-b. You would need to download xgen-v2 it should have all the files you need SONY's OFW 5.50 and the CFW 5.50 GEN-B2 that ul be upgrading to. I noticed this file is in downloads but I got it from another source but should still be fine.

Put 550.pbp on the root of your memory stick.
Put XGEN in the GAME folder.
Run it. (REMEMBER to select install CFW and NOT OFW seen a few posts where folks put there psp back to standard, not their best idea!!!)
It’s that simple.

Cheers
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
i must be doing something wrong as have put the files and then when selct the file psp just switches off

i must be doing something wrong as have put the files and then when selct the file psp just switches off

i had this problem too.
i needed to download the 5.50 gen as it has extra files in the update folder and then copy the xgen eboot across overwriting the eboot thats in there. then it should load the menu

I was struggling to update my brothers psp the other day. I ended up having to downgrade to 1.5 then run the update file. It took ages to work it out though.

Rob

Been really busy at not had a chance to look into this. So do i need to downgrade it to 1.50 first then use the files in this post.

I also got a mates psp 1000 which i think is on 1.50 how to update that.

Been really busy at not had a chance to look into this. So do i need to downgrade it to 1.50 first then use the files in this post.

I also got a mates psp 1000 which i think is on 1.50 how to update that.

no mate go to 5.50 gen b then to gen d to gen d2. that how i done mine dont know if you can go straight from B to D2 though, im playing Assassins Creed on mine at the moment works a charm

Sorry guys am a bit lost

For the First one which is on 3.71 m33. what do i do for that

For the second one which i think is on 1.50 what do i do for that

Thanks for this

ok so for the 3.71 i download that file is their a readme file in it.

For 1.5 what needs to be done.

@JTH

I have gen-b on my psp I have d/l gen d but no luck just black screens till I remove battery.

Any ideas?

Hi John any chance of some help going from Gen B to the latest Firmware?

Back