Updating TV Drive v+ HD

steve9218

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all,

Just fitted new 512 chip in my box and changed the frequency and symbol rate as req'd. I re-booted the box and inserted my atmega card with the new net id and pin. The box re-booted and is now updating, but its been like this for a while now, first reading f01 f02 f03 etc, then now its going from h100 throught to h900 then back round again and again.

Anybody have any ideas please, how long should it take approx, im prepared to leave it running through the night if need be. its frustrating cos it took ages to unlock the card, strip it down and change the chip and re assemble etc.

its from a tw area i believe, and i live in tw myself, if this helps.
Thanks.

Last edited:
hi all,

Just fitted new 512 chip in my box and changed the frequency and symbol rate as req'd. I re-booted the box and inserted my atmega card with the new net id and pin. The box re-booted and is now updating, but its been like this for a while now, first reading f01 f02 f03 etc, then now its going from h100 throught to h900 then back round again and again.

Anybody have any ideas please, how long should it take approx, im prepared to leave it running through the night if need be. its frustrating cos it took ages to unlock the card, strip it down and change the chip and re assemble etc.

its from a tw area i believe, and i live in tw myself, if this helps.
Thanks.
if it is from a t/west region why did u change the smybol rate?
6952 is telewest

if it is from a t/west region why did u change the smybol rate?
6952 is telewest
hi, i was told it was from tw, the net id was 20 when i got it. i didn't know the symbol rate also gave away the region as well.

just an update, its now going really slow through the upate numbers.

Last edited:
hi, i was told it was from tw, the net id was 20 when i got it. i didn't know the symbol rate also gave away the region as well.

just an update, its now going really slow through the upate numbers.
did you go into the engineers menu and check that the netid had been set??

what area did u get it from??

hi, could not access the eng menu once i changed the 512 chip.
well i would say the chip isnt soldered on properly
use a soldering iron and flux and redo it
it is in an update loop

hi, could not access the eng menu once i changed the 512 chip.

the frequency needs to be set before inserting the atmega netid setter card the update loop is caused by not having the netid set and/or wrong frequency to access the engineers menu press reset and then hold up and down buttons until it says boot then let go to change the freq and symbol rate press ok then up/down then right buttons on the remote to change the numerals. and then follow the onscreen instructions to save the settings

edogg

the frequency needs to be set before inserting the atmega netid setter card the update loop is caused by not having the netid set and/or wrong frequency to access the engineers menu press reset and then hold up and down buttons until it says boot then let go to change the freq and symbol rate press ok then up/down then right buttons on the remote to change the numerals. and then follow the onscreen instructions to save the settings

edogg

Ok guys, thanks for the advice, yes it looks like its in an update loop. I will re flow the chip after i get into the menu, i tried the hold up & down then put power on, but it just goes through the motion of trying to re-boot after a few mins, i'll try the way you told me later this evening.

Thanks again

edogg

Hi, tried that to get into eng menu, but it just goes to the update screen, if i press standby when it goes into loop i can boot the box up into normal mode except it stops at the vm screen then goes blank, any ideas please?

UPDATE! Just got into eng menu to do the atmega net id change and the net id is 65535, set the freq as req'd, will it take the hit off the card do you think?

Last edited:
Hi, tried that to get into eng menu, but it just goes to the update screen, if i press standby when it goes into loop i can boot the box up into normal mode except it stops at the vm screen then goes blank, any ideas please?

UPDATE! Just got into eng menu to do the atmega net id change and the net id is 65535, set the freq as req'd, will it take the hit off the card do you think?
u are using the older netid setter try the latest

hi m8 you need to get the chatterboxtoolbar.cc on there you will find a list of netids to check if that is the right one for your area you also need to have symbolrate set to your area. "you are looking for carleboys codes."

Unless I'm mistaken the net ID need to be reset to 09999 (ie blank the chip) b4 the box will take a new one from atmega. My advice would be to remove and read the chip then edit using the v+ dump editor application and re-fit. No atmega needed.

Hi Peeps,

Just to let you know that i replaced the 512 chip i put in with another blank one and it worked a treat, thanks for everyones help and comments!

Regards,

Steve:Clap::banana::BLOBBY::Cheers:

Back