Updating solo2 se

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a solo2 se which I have eventually decided Im fed up of having to run openvix apollo 029 and would like to update. The website I was given to update images was vu-hd.com. Having done some reading I believe this means I have a lonrisen model?

I have tried to flash a sunray solo2 image having read that it would work with most receivers but just get black screen. Is there any way of getting this to accept latest images?

Not much you can do if it doesn't except sunray images i'm afraid.

It should accept v4 flash images as solo2 se was out after the v4 flash update but can't confirm this.

I personally wouldn't risk trying to flash with v4 anyhow because it's possible you could make it worse (freezing on scanning of channels has been known by some other who flashed their box with v4 flash update).

Have you tried other sunray images like a old ramimaher sunray blackhole image?

Whatever you do just ensure you have a backup of your current image now.

Tried the old blackhole image you suggested and it boots fine. tried openvix 4.0, 3.2 & hades but all just give black screen. Trust this means I'm screwed?

Which Blackhole image did you try (provide link if on this forum, otherwise PM me).

Try the sunray vix image you like but before flashing remove the file beginning "initrd..." which is within vuplus, solo2 folder.

Not looking good as that blackhole image was from 2014 so it may have been before vu clone bomb.

Could you try sunray blackhole 2.1.6 from rami but I doubt it will work but worth a try.

If it doesn't then that means you're stuck with old images i'm afraid or risk flashing with v4 flash as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Same thing with 2.1.6 got a black screen. Can you point me in the direction of the files needed to update the solo2se. Found a tut on another forum along with files but they don't all seem to be there

Same thing with 2.1.6 got a black screen. Can you point me in the direction of the files needed to update the solo2se. Found a tut on another forum along with files but they don't all seem to be there

Here is what you need if you really wish to try it.

You need the se folder but ive included the solo2 folder should anyone need it.

Attachments

• UPGRADE TOOLS_20140905.rar
    171.5 KB · Views: 9
  • solo2seclone.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Thanks for that but that looks like the two folders I already have. within the pdf in the se folder it refers to mcu flash file and update.exe which are not in there. Unless I've got something confused?...

This is the guide i used

1.) Extract the files
2.) Connect the serial cable to the PC and solo2se ( make sure the solo2se is turned off )

3.) Run Update.exe from UPGRADE TOOLS_20140905 ( this will bring up a blank dos prompt)

4.) Now turn on the solo2se ( via the small switch on the back ) and the previous black screen will now show a message regarding update/download now complete .

5.) Now turn off the box via the power switch

Flashing the new boot loader
1.) Open hypertrm.exe from the solo2seclone folder
2.) Enter the following

On the next screen set the following settings

3.)Top box in red choose 115200
Bottom box in red choose “ None”

Before you click ok make sure the box is turned OFF! , Now click OK
Once the hyperterminal window appears ( which should be blank) turn on the solo2se
And the following will appear

3.) Type 12345 as indicated
The following will now show

4.) Press 1

5.) Now goto Transfer > Send File

Click Browse and choose the solo2_bootloader file
Change protocol to Ymodem
And click Send
After this a progress window will appear and wait till that now completes and you are finished.

Well I've bitten the bullet and run the update. All went well and files transferred fine. However nothing has changed. Old images work and new ones dont.

Out of interest am I right in thinking that if my seller said use images from vu-hd.com the box is a lonrisen and it is now v4? If so can I try to flash a v4 lonrisen image?

There is no easy way of knowing. I would like to think yes but only because Solo2 se came out after the v4 flash update (I believe).

This is just a guess and therefore I can't confirm this.

If you wish to take that chance then that is your choice.

Let us know either way.

Well I've bitten the bullet and run the update. All went well and files transferred fine. However nothing has changed. Old images work and new ones dont.

Out of interest am I right in thinking that if my seller said use images from vu-hd.com the box is a lonrisen and it is now v4? If so can I try to flash a v4 lonrisen image?

Very strange you have obviously used the V4 images ketmp has uploaded.

If all the update process works including the bootloader there is no reason it should not use v4 images.

Wondering id you have a clone of a clone or somat here.

I've now flashed lonrisen v4 image of openvix 3.2 and receiver boots up fine :) Just a shame there is no lonrisen openvix 4 image as yet. I'm sure it won't be far away though.

Thanks for the help guys :Cheers:

I'm having a little bit of an issue downgrading Vix and ATV to work with the old v4 drivers since both Vix/ATV have moved over to new OE-A core.

I've noticed Vix are moving to 4.1. which is new (again) OE-A core 3.4 (ATV already moved with ATV 5.3) so i'll try them when I get a chance.
@Mark_The_Yid, would you be prepared to test the new Vix 4 image if I can do it? The drivers are always the same v4 drivers so it's mainly check the menus, features, etc work (except features not supported by v4 drivers)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mark_The_Yid, I've just uploaded Vix 4.1 001 for Lonrison v4 flashed clones :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back