BIOS/UEFI update bios

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - got a hp/cpmpaq 5100MT part number is PW099ET#ABU serial number isCZC5200W5Z....i want to update bios . i think i have the right one from hp website WHICH IS IN THE FORM "sp33315.exe"...how do i update the bios. my computer wont allow me to install any operating system on it as it comes up with error message "your system is not fully ACPI compliant" update your bios..." i have present bios version 7862C2 v01.09...can someone tell me how to update the bios and if i have the correct one..cat find any options in setup to update bios...cheers..tried putting that on a usb stick but wont work

You do it under dos command. You format a floppy disk with boot up sys on it then copy your bios file onto that floppy. Boot your pc from floopy then type in the name of your bios .exe file then press enter. just follow the on screen message after that. You need to change the boot up device in the bios first.

i think you can boot it from other removeable device also.

It's been a long time since i done this, may be someone here have better idea.

have u ran the sp33315.exe on a different machine? It should open a HTML giving all the different options on how to update the BIOS

Yes I did...ran it on my laptop...I use to dos when I was at school...paying for it now though..lol..

Back