Upcoming boxing events

23rd April - BT Box Office
Venue most likely either Wembley or Principality Stadium
photo_2022-02-22_09-02-40.jpg

Whyte signs just before deadline​

WBC mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte made WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury wait, but in the end he signed the contract to fight Fury just hours before the deadline. Whyte objected to the 80/20 split in Fury’s favor, but after a record $42 million purse bid he stood to lose an $8 million payday if he didn’t ink the deal. Fury-Whyte is expected to take place April 23 at the massive Wembley Stadium in London.
“Oh my God!,” said Fury in a statement. “Dillian Whyte has signed his contract for $8 million, what a surprise. What an absolute idiot. Should this even be a talking point? The man has signed for the biggest payday ever in his life.
He sarcastically added, “Oh my God! My head hurts from all the mind games that Dillian Whyte’s been playing on me. Oh my God! I’m so sore. I don’t know whether I’m coming or going. My training camp’s a mess.”
“I’m going to bust Dillian Whyte like a water balloon,” Fury concluded.

However , the BBBoC cannot overturn the result of the fight and Taylor has stated he is moving up a weight so a rematch is unlikely.
photo_2022-02-28_13-41-33.jpg

However , the BBBoC cannot overturn the result of the fight and Taylor has stated he is moving up a weight so a rematch is unlikely.
View attachment 143495
Then there is no point.
We all hold post mortems when our teams are robbed off a penalty or a goal wrongly disallowed as being offside. If and rightly so, decisions can't be overturned, what does it achieve?

If they could demand a rematch then fair enough. Catterall is already feeling hard done by. What if the investigation goes against him as well? Would be like rubbing salt into his wounds.

A case of the BBBoC flexing muscles they don't have? I would like to see the letter they send Catterall.

"Dear Jack,
you were utterly robbed in that fight but tough titty."

Yours Sincerely
British Boxing Board of No Control.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ANNOUNCED: Wasserman Boxing have signed an exclusive multi-event broadcast deal with Channel 5. They will have five free-to-air UK TV shows in 2022 featuring the Wasserman stable which includes Chris Eubank Jr, Josh Kelly and Nathan Gorman.

Back