Unnecessary Forum Announcements

Arthur Daley

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello, is it really necessary to let the entire forum know who is the latest high scorer on the built in board games?

Every time I log in and click on "What's New" it is made up of a large quantity of these automatically generated forum posts.

I don't think it is necessary, hopefully others don't too??

Hello, is it really necessary to let the entire forum know who is the latest high scorer on the built in board games?

Every time I log in and click on "What's New" it is made up of a large quantity of these automatically generated forum posts.

I don't think it is necessary, hopefully others don't too??

There is an option under your profile settings to switch of posts from Announcements when you click on What's New

There is an option under your profile settings to switch of posts from Announcements when you click on What's New

Thanks for the info. Had a quick look but can't see it. Will check again later tonight when I get back.

Doesn't really solve the problem though. There's other stuff in that section that we might want to see.

Thanks for the info. Had a quick look but can't see it. Will check again later tonight when I get back.

Settings (top of page)-General Settings on left of your usercp-scroll down to the end-Forums to exclude from view :)

Bear in mind this will hide all posts in the Congratulatory Posts Forum

I just made a deal with the VIP's regarding this forum.

If it does not calm down in two days I will remove it.

The scores was all reset, and until Ruud clocks them all and no one can beat him it might have a little activity but I think give him two days to play them to death and it will all be over.

Mick

Settings (top of page)-General Settings on left of your usercp-scroll down to the end-Forums to exclude from view :)

Bear in mind this will hide all posts in the Congratulatory Posts Forum

Thanks for the directions ;) I did see that part earlier but was unaware it was that bit I needed to deal with.

Thought it was funny that it just started all of a sudden without me changing anything. Anyway, cheers all : thanks :

Back