United Sign Gerard

Waster

Member +
Reaction score
United Sign Gerard Pique

Manchester United is pleased to announce the arrival of Gerard Pique from Barcelona. The central defender plays for Spain's Under-17 side and has been nominated as Catalonia Player of the Year.

Gerard Pique says Sir Alex Ferguson's record of giving youngsters a chance is one of the reasons he joined United.

The Spanish Under-17 international told El Mundo Deportivo, "In England, age does not matter so much, but in Spain there is a structure and there are very few chances to break through."

Nevertheless, Pique admits it was still a tough decision to leave Barcelona.

"There have been seven years of my life where I have learned and enjoyed my football with Barca and I would not change that for anything in the world. It took a lot to make the decision to leave Barca. I was very happy there and had never thought about leaving.

"But after looking at the options and speaking with my parents and my grandfather - who have also helped me a lot - it was a suitable time for me. A new phase of my life begins now."

Pique is expected to spend much of his first season at United in the Academy

Pity it wasnt Steven Gerard lol

But this lad will do looks an exciting prospect to wrestle our Premiership Property back

After all twas only borrowed :)

17 years old and only 3 years away from a testimonial at Barcelona!!! lol

Dont know much about him myself but if Sir Alex has signed him then he'll be no dummy!!!

At least Master Rooney will now have a team mate his own age....

Back