United announce double deal

Torres has scored ten in all competitions this season, add that to the amount of money we would probably have to pay for him and the deal wouldnt be very good.

how much did atletico madrid want for torres after had a good world cup (not good enough for me to win my bet for top scorer though :(), 15 mill?

looking at the avatars around here im begining to think this forum is a man utd strong hold :salute: :Laugh:

This is great news and 3 great signings!! Nani and Anderson are young players and they look great!! C'MON UNITED!!!

looks like Anderson is on his way to England to under go medical

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has confirmed the club have done the majority of their summer spending in the past 24 hours.

The Premiership champions announced deals to sign youngsters Anderson and Nani on Wednesday evening before completing the capture of England midfielder Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich on Thursday.

Although United are sure to be linked with further summer signings, Gill insists that more arrivals at Old Trafford are unlikely, having already paid out in the region of £50million for the midfield trio.

"We will see what happens over the next two or three months but by and large that will be the major element of our business," Gill told MUTV.

"If a player comes up that Sir Alex (Ferguson) is convinced will make us better, I am sure we will find the funds but that is a major bit of business we have done this week."

Meanwhile, assistant manager Carlos Queiroz believes Nani and Anderson can link up with Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney to form an unstoppable attacking force for years to come.

Both players still need to undergo medicals with The Red Devils, but Sky Sports News understands Anderson (pictured) is on his way to England to complete his switch.

"It is really worth stopping to imagine what an attack formed by Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson could do," Queiroz said.

"They are players who blend creativity and magic into football.

"It really is wonderful to be able to mould and enhance their capabilities.

"I have always worked with players in this formative process and this is a significant investment in Manchester United prospects for the next 10 years."

agree we have to get one at present we have

Rooney (likes playing of a centre forward)
Smith (good but not a regular goal scorer)
Saha (injury prone)
Rossi (inexperience)
Ole (getting on a bit)
Dong (not up to standard yet!)

I was expecting Hargreaves, didn't see the Nani and Anderson deals coming !!!

Would like another striker, Berbatov, Torres, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax) or Eto'o.

You lot scored more goals than any other club in the Prem last year....why exactly do you need a new striker.

In 04/05 (with Ruud) your scored 58 goals.

In 05/06 (with Ruud) you scored 76 goals.

06/07 (without Ruud) you scored 83 goals.

Dont see your logic there Ronaldo.

Torres has scored ten in all competitions this season, add that to the amount of money we would probably have to pay for him and the deal wouldnt be very good.

Berbatov would be much better, wouldnt mind seein defoe at united either

he hadnt at the time of my post

imo its not enough to justify us taking a risk on such a player

As a matter of fact at the time of your post he did have the same amount as goals as he has now as there has been no La Liga football in the last 4 days and your post was 1 day ago.

In 04/05 (with Ruud) your scored 58 goals.

In 05/06 (with Ruud) you scored 76 goals.

06/07 (without Ruud) you scored 83 goals.

Dont see your logic there Ronaldo.

But why do you need to replace Ruud or dont you want to answer that one....lol
I aint being picky, I just want to hear why you think he needs replaced.

Back