Under cupboard lighting

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

what i want to do is have this Black or White Floating TV Stand with High Gloss Front | eBay in black and the tv like in the pic. But underneath the cupboard i want to have some lighting.
The standard lighting i have seen are cheap LED ones with batteries or plug in ones.

What i want is to have nice bright white (the floor is grey porcelain tiles) that are connected to the ceiling lights.

So as soon as i switch the ceiling lights on, i want these to come on. What would be the best way to achieve this?

PS: also that ebay listing unit looks a bit cheap and might not last, can anyone recommend that but better quality? I like the design, its exactly what Im after.
Its going to be holding all the sky box, playstation, dvd's, books and a pc...so might get a bit heavy.

is there no way take 1.5 cable up in corner an run it under the floor boards then come in to the ceil roses

As comment above you need to run a 1.5mm cable to your ceiling rose/light. The live needs to be connected onto the switch live within the fitting otherwise it won't turn on when you switch the ceiling lights on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could also check at light switch to see if live and neutral are present then you could run a 1.5mm cable to new position and change switch to a 2 gang.

Cheers guys bit clearer now.
Obviously will get an electrician to do it but wasn't clear if it was possible at all. It's fairly close the switch so can run a cable to there.

you will need a transformer / driver also, these can be bulky, so try and plan a location where you can access this in the event of a failure!

If you want it bright go for a SMD 5050 strip they do a 14w per meter and a 7 watt per meter.

or you can go for the 4w they are also nice but not as bright.

All depends what you want to do, I would not use water proof indoors but it will work.

Mick

Cheers guys bit clearer now.
Obviously will get an electrician to do it but wasn't clear if it was possible at all. It's fairly close the switch so can run a cable to there.

have u got live feed as well neg feed on your switch

Back