iPhone "Unable to join network"???

ms2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
Last weekend my phone just stopped connecting to networks, was working completely fine until then just stopped.

No updates, nothing installed, nothing changed, just stopped.

I have tried 3 networks now and it is the same with all of them. I have reset my router and tried connecting with and without WPA2.

Whatever you do, the phone just says unable to join network.

The Apple website has a forum thread 81 pages long about this issue without resolution.

Has anybody experienced this? Have they got it to work again?

I really don't want to try a restore as I've read this does not work but at the moment it's my final resolve.

Any help would be appreciated. Sounds from other threads that it's a hardware failure.

i have got the same problem...
tried all the network settings .. reseting / restoring / aeroplane mode and all that rubbish.. did not work.. still the same

and then i updated it with itunes, that inshort means i made my iphone network locked..
so anyways.. downgraded the firmware to 3.01, and jailbroke it.

tried the network thing again and again..coudl not, finally..
thought what the hell,

coverd my phone in a plastic bag, n chucked it in the freezer,

got it out after round 20-30 mins..
and .. guess what it connected straightaway..

but it lost the network connection after sometime.. so i guess it is a hardware problem, ..more like because of heating ..

thats the only solution which worked for me..

all the very best with yours mate

restore it to 3.1 in itunes if not too bothered with unlock, and if still not work, and still in warranty (even if u bought 2nd hand like i did) take it to ur local apple store( phone make a reservation) and they should replace it there and then, no quibble,(like i did, even though i had jailbroke it, and then did an official restore) got a 16gig 3g replacement within 5mins

i might consider it

but i am not sure about my phone being replaced, because its a second hand bought from the US

any ideas if the warranty is still valid in the UK ?

i might consider it

but i am not sure about my phone being replaced, because its a second hand bought from the US

any ideas if the warranty is still valid in the UK ?

What is the warranty, 12 months?

I'm had mine 10 months now so I might just do that. It def seems a hardware problem which is crap.

i have got the same problem...
tried all the network settings .. reseting / restoring / aeroplane mode and all that rubbish.. did not work.. still the same

and then i updated it with itunes, that inshort means i made my iphone network locked..
so anyways.. downgraded the firmware to 3.01, and jailbroke it.

tried the network thing again and again..coudl not, finally..
thought what the hell,

coverd my phone in a plastic bag, n chucked it in the freezer,

got it out after round 20-30 mins..
and .. guess what it connected straightaway..

but it lost the network connection after sometime.. so i guess it is a hardware problem, ..more like because of heating ..

thats the only solution which worked for me..

all the very best with yours mate

Genuinely unbelievable

I had nothing to lose so thought sod it, it bloody works.

What's the deal with that. How does making it cold make it work.

not really sure how it works.. its just something with the heating problem in the iphone

.. thats y when u use the phone after "freezing it" .. it disconnects after a while. and i think the network card chip is located just behind the battery ..

but the idea is the same.. cuz i have also read that u can get some of the crashed hdds to work again by putting it in the freezer for a while, never understood the concept of that.

so its quite a challenge there.. use the wifi on your iphone as long as you can .. while its frozen.. fun times mate.

not really sure how it works.. its just something with the heating problem in the iphone

.. thats y when u use the phone after "freezing it" .. it disconnects after a while. and i think the network card chip is located just behind the battery ..

but the idea is the same.. cuz i have also read that u can get some of the crashed hdds to work again by putting it in the freezer for a while, never understood the concept of that.

so its quite a challenge there.. use the wifi on your iphone as long as you can .. while its frozen.. fun times mate.

How long did yours last? Mine appears to still be going.

I've booked an appointment at the Apple Bar for Saturday and they claim to replace the unit on the spot if they can't fix it. I'm going to hold them too it.

Edit: No wait, guess what happened as soon as I posted that!

Last edited:
Just keep it warm m8 before u take it in on Sat, sure theyl swap it, best eh luck

Went to the Apple store this weekend, looked at it for 5 mins then just replaced it.

Happy days, nice shiny iphone again.

Back