UK weather

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
why oh why does the UK come to a halt with a few inches of snow people abandon cars with a flurry lol
when you see other cold countries coping questions must be asked surely
maybe even a winter driving course for some would help

rant over lol

3hrs it took me to do a 5 mile journey today when work sent us home.

Very steep hill is the only way on to the motorway and everyone including myself was coming back down it, only thing that got up first time was a BMW x5 in about an hour of folk trying i eventually got up having pulled into a car park for others to have a go, 5th try with winter tyres on. Bloody awful it wa.

English not used to the white stuff snow that is lol
'Tis true. Back in the day I lived about 800ft above sea level in Scotland and was used to driving in snow.

When I moved down south I was mystified when traffic ground to a halt in a couple of centimetres of the white stuff. :rolleyes:

@alimac snow chains in uk are not good for our roads/climate , same as cetain snow clearing equipment, not warranted due to lack of snow , maybe north Scotland . If you need snow chaigs try big plastic ties on your wheels , good temp measure and doesn't damage road surface

Snow chains is a good start
You'll probably never use the mate, I bought a L200 for work in 2011, while looking for tyres back then I came across snow chains for it, brand new £20 delivered (they wanted rid of them) they are still behind the passenger seat and never been out of the case.

Back