UART of BCM

@gustavo88 I tried putty but doesn’t work. Do we have to press or type anything in putty before the log show up?

BCM7346 = BCM7356 i have uart opened in "cfe" and I have telnet acess in LINUX after "CFE" i have 2 open way.
BCM7358 i have telnet acess in linux after CFE. i have one open way.
I have found UART port on BCM7358 as well. Can you tell me on how to gain telnet access in linux after CFE?

Congratulations
first conect tx from box later connect 12v
then stb send log in TX, and you also found rx?? in a conector or resistance??

I’ve found everything rx, tx, and gnd. My board has a connection point. How can I make the stb send log in tx because it was just a blank screen on putty?

then it is not uart, maybe bbs. upload pic please
So, the log should appear directly after connected the cable to the box right?

I’m pretty sure that is UART because two of them have the voltage of 3.3V and the other two have the voltage of 0V. And the red LED on RS232 to TTL light up after I attached it to the board.

Another question: Did you set Flow Control to None on putty?

Last edited:
I think you found vcc 3.3v and gnd 0v
Can you tell me the environment when everything is working?

Do I have to press anything or type anything on the putty in order to get the log to work? Or the log will work straight away after I have everything connected properly?

Also, what did you config for Flow Control on putty?

I suspect that my box might have the UART locked which I might need a custom firmware to flash in order to unlock it.

does anyone have a dump from a MX25L12855F@TFBGA24 from a broadcom receiver with uart open ?

So, the log should appear directly after connected the cable to the box right?

I’m pretty sure that is UART because two of them have the voltage of 3.3V and the other two have the voltage of 0V. And the red LED on RS232 to TTL light up after I attached it to the board.

Another question: Did you set Flow Control to None on putty?
and you haven't any log in terminal when you reboot receiver ? not even boot log ?

and you haven't any log in terminal when you reboot receiver ? not even boot log ?

No. I’m suspecting that my box doesn’t have a UART port open. Or maybe I did not config, e.g. baud rate, the putty correctly.

maybe its I2C sometimes the I2C writes too in Logs but no chance taht you get any Usable Text from It no mater what Terminal u use if Realterm Termite Putty or any Other that give you many Possibilities to Play arround the Signals ;)

maybe its I2C sometimes the I2C writes too in Logs but no chance taht you get any Usable Text from It no mater what Terminal u use if Realterm Termite Putty or any Other that give you many Possibilities to Play arround the Signals ;)
So, the port that I found wasn’t UART, right?

any way or which tool can access to cpu (like ali, bcm, mstar)? where can buy it ? because all box blocked UART in here.

happy new year @ all people

only want sure a thing, example bcm box (A box) can get key of n*a*gra via telnet , other an provider ( B box) use same cpu and n*a*gra, but not rj45 port and uart blocked. i can get key from B box via A box mainboard. or nothing help ???

Back