two cat 5 cables

hi bends i have connected both individualy and both clear ok tried each port ie 1-4
not sure how to check if dhcp is turned on,and no i dont have a port scanner,so if you could send me one it could help
cheers

Hi
open a browser and connect to your router:
default address will be 192.168.1.2 unless you changed it.
no password unless you changed it.
go to the LAN section, in there you should see the dhcp section. i cant make it out on the manual but i guess there will be an enable button (or disable) check it is enabled and check the ip range it is handing out. if you only have a few devices -e.g. PC, laptop, KV & spider, you could restrict the range to only have four or five addresses to hand out. this will make it a lot easier to determine the address of your boxes! and you wont need the scanner.
there is a NAT section too - just check that is enabled...

then check both boxes clear when connected directly (after a reboot)
and then try again through the switch (what switch is it btw?).
let me know when done.

dhcp is enabled,4 clients cant see a nat section tho,just checking boxes now
found nat section it it is enabled

Last edited:
just tried boxes still no joy if i connect each box in turn directly to router(i have a socket on the wall)both work ok if i conect spider through switch in any port it clears if i connect kv through switch it says scrambled or no video have left it on while to see if it would but nothing happens,cant understand why one works and other dosnt,would those home plugs solve the problem or just add to it

Homeplugs would be a good idea.
but back to the original prob.
when you said you had tried a different cable, was this a cable direct from the router to the switch.
if so, i am assuming that you now have two cables running from the router to the boxes. this is what i meant by can they both run individually.
can you confirm this?

i have one cat5 cable that runs from router upstairs,to a cat 5v socket downstairs,i have pluged two seperate cables,ie put one in spider and it cleared,then took it out of spider and plugged into kv,that also cleared,next i bought 5 port switch(pluscom)from this i ran two cat5 cables,one each to spider and kv into each port in turn could get one box to clear at a time but not both,
so upshot is i bought two homeplugs 200mps pluged one into router upstairs,kv into other downstairs,and left the spider pluged into cat5 socket,everything works great,problem solved,YIPPIEEEEE
thankyou for spending so much time trying to sort out my problem
cheers and beers

Back