TwinhanDTV cab-ci

scott-ayling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
right im getting hee haw.my computer is running vista i have intalled bda driver card is seen in mediaportal but im getting nothing.i have also tried dvbdream but also getting nothing with it no signal at all.i have not tried installing vplug yet as was just wanting to get fa to work first but i reckon i have biten off more thani can chew with this thing

I think someone else had similar problems in another thread, but that it was merely a case of scanning the correct frequencies. You won't get a signal reading until you've locked onto an active frequency/transponder.

Media Portal seems like a bad place to start, though, as it's really quite temperamental.

i also tried dvbdream mate and used the telewest scanning and it alsodidn't find anythig

have you ever st up one of these cards in vista mate any chance of you logging into my computerwith logmein and see if you can get it to scan?

away to work now think ill restore pc back got it filled with too much crap now,tried the software which came with it but no joy but think that uses its own drivers and its only meant for xp,ill have another shot tomorow with it wish me luck.

think ill be single again soon if i keep trying to get this work think lol

lolol....mate i can have a look for you like if you want.....

would have top be either the next 30 minutes mate or monday, pulling all the carpets up today and getting new one's down, so just about to pull this rig apart...lol

(just a little tip matey, if you go to your control panel on here and make instant notification by e-mail active, when some one posts a reply to your thread then you get an e-mail) just sat here last night and added you to msn mate waiting for you to post back etc...)

Last edited:
why dont you try dvbviewer its probabaly the easiest 1 to use and its pretty simple to set up v plug but get your fta channels in first i have tried a few of these dvb programs and in my opinion is the best plus you can use it with dvblink and watch everything through mce and its also the best for setting up a motor dish as usals is good with the new version

i should be back the night and have the compuer all wired back up and stuff, have you tried what "tiny" posted maybe you could have a play and that

1 installed 1.2.3.8 driver
2 installed dvb dream
3 confirmed BDA 210
4 selected 5044 - DVB-C
5 launched a scan

i done all that but my bda shows up as 2.0, i also tried computer right next to direct feed so i think its either faulty card or my bda driver is wrong but i did install 1.2.3.8 driver

i don't think it will be a faulty card mate, it's just the set up i think..... you working on dvb - dream yeah....

yea dvd dream ans selected telewest scan but every transponder no signal

i done all that but my bda shows up as 2.0, i also tried computer right next to direct feed so i think its either faulty card or my bda driver is wrong but i did install 1.2.3.8 driver

dont give up to easy and i dont think you have faulty card. It took me 3 to 4 days to get channels. get a copy of ProgDVB you can download a free version from there website

Download ProgDVB

do you have a UKbruteforce file? you can find the file on this forum

On ProgDVB I used scan transponder (manual search you will find this under channel list) Input the feq click on lock then scan, when you input all the feq the click ok

ive got the same setup mate, ive almost given up hope of getting the twinhan cards to work with mediaportal or anything else.

the only software that works is dvbviewer and costs 15euro. its very nice but not really for a htpc setup. but then u can use dvblink to make it work in media centre. this works excellent for me, but isnt a very nice to setup and work with. especially when it comes to rescan time. also the cpu idle at 30%

ive been working on this system for about 1 month now. ive tried vista, xp, mce win7, 32bit, 64bit, old drivers, different driver per card. dvb software galore. everything but dvbviewer fails to work. you name it i reckon ive tried it. BUT, if u do figure anything out please let me know :)
if you browse media portals website, it seems media portal used to work before version 1.

im thinking of getting a pair of tt1501's of maybe go all the way and buy some floppydtv cards.

Back