TVCatchup - Free Online Recorder

lol, me too, i was gonna catch up on my eastenders, cora street, and hollyoaks.

oh well.

p.s., i have removed from sticky section too. cheers Paul for the find, it was good while it lasted.

TVCatchup.com said:
Dear Member

In recent days, TVCatchup has become aware of the Broadcaster's (BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Five) increasing concerns over the free personal recording functionality that this website offers.

On 15th February, our hosting was terminated without warning and we presume this was at the request of such Broadcasters.

Given that this will no doubt happen again, TVCatchup has therefore voluntarily suspended its services whilst the concerns of the Broadcasters are addressed.

We apologise to all for this temporary interuption to service.

This page will provide a service update as matters progress.
TVCatchup.com
16th February 2008

Looks like it could be back if they win in court...

It's back up, but I don't see a RECORD option :(

Anyone know if it would be able to record using 3rd party software?

Last edited:
I thought they had their own software to allow you to record, pause rewind etc etc, I use the site all the time when im either in the office or away overnight anywhere, just never got into the recording, but im pretty sure they run their own software you have to download, try looking in their forum section

Computer - ZX81
TV Console - Binnatone B/W
TV - 12" B/W Manual Tune
Games Console - Texas Instrument Speak & Spell
Handheld - Pocket Simon

Hi
Pretty new to this but Im in Ireland so cant get this as its only for the UK. Is there any way around this via ip address?
cheers,
kramer

Hi
Pretty new to this but Im in Ireland so cant get this as its only for the UK. Is there any way around this via ip address?
cheers,
kramer

It can be done... I was trying this at the weekend... You need to use a proxy server...The attached video is for the BBC iplayer but the idea is the same.

View attachment 48194

great find mate
will be good when i'm watching footie!!
wife can get some soaps:)

Back