tutorial required for eeprom reading

Geronimoe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya all,
Just picked up a xbox which is suffering from total hdd failure and looking for anyone who can point me in the direction of a tutorial to read the eeprom.
I have a willem programmer so hoping i can dump the eeprom and find the hard drive key this way so i can install a new hard drive.

Regards Geronimoe

try here m8. this is the way i do it and its a doddle 2 do

h**p://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/Reading_Xbox_Hdd_key.htm

Last edited:
Cheers i have used that tutorial today and got a new eeprom bin with hard drive key. I found a old xbox hard drive and run it through xboxhdm. formated hard drive but can not seem to lock the hard drive with new key. keeps poping up with this drive is security enabled.
Any ideas anyone where i have gone wrong.

Geronimoe

Cheers i have used that tutorial today and got a new eeprom bin with hard drive key. I found a old xbox hard drive and run it through xboxhdm. formated hard drive but can not seem to lock the hard drive with new key. keeps poping up with this drive is security enabled.
Any ideas anyone where i have gone wrong.
Geronimoe

Are you entering the key manually?

No copied the eeprom.bin to a floppy, I can lock the new xbox hard drive with the original eeprom.bin for this drive but not with the new eeprom.bin. i need for this new xbox. in xboxhd it states

security enabled :yes
security locked :no

but with the original eeprom.bin for this hard drive will state
security enabled :yes
security locked :yes

i have run the new xbox eeprom.bin through liveinfo.beta3 with the hard drive attached and saved the new eeprom.bin file so unsure where i am going wrong.

Last edited:
just to make sure . you unlocked hdd with old key but it wont lock with new key.
i have never used a floppy with key i always add it to cd when im doing a new hdd install. and ive never had a problem like yours

sorted in the end, Generated the hdd key via liveinfo 3 from the eeprom then used xboxhd to make a lock/unlock floppy and used the lockhd program to manually input the generated hdd key.

Back