Tutorial for OPOS Card

vinnyjones

Inactive User
Reaction score
A few people have PM'ed asking how to program an OPOS card so here is a quick tutorial that should explain from start to finish how to program it, if there are any mistakes or additions that can be made, let me know so that i can edit the post:

First of all u need to make sure u have everything on this list:

Hardware:
Programmer with Phoenix Interface, 3.58Mhz (Infinity USB Phoenix is quite good)
Opos card

Software:
OPOS Loader v2 (recommended) or the new beta
OPOS UpdateOS files
OPOS Nagra emu 29/04/05
Winexplorer (with hacked Winexplorer.ini) found with most titanium files
NagraEdit 4.1
Unmodded ROM10 for ur area (NTL, exCWC or Telewest)

First you have to set ur programmer for 3.58Mhz phoenix mode.

Go to OPOS LOADER select the correct COM port click ERASE (to restore to virgin state) and then click identify
- Take note of the OS version (usually 1.02,1.03 or 1.04)
- If it is NOT 1.04 the card needs to be updated first
- Exit OPOS loader

Extract the files from the UpdateOS in to a directory
- Execute the batch file with the corresponding com port that your programmer is connected to
(for example if proggy is connected to COM1 then double click "upd_com1.bat" or for COM2 double click "upd_com1.bat"
- Wait for program to finish, i think there is a message that actually tells you that it is safe to remove the card
- Close the dos window

Go back to OPOS LOADER
- Click identify (the operating system should now display as 1.04)
- Click Load Flash and select "opos_nagra_emu_CryptApp.hex" from OPOS_Nagra_Emu folder
- Click Load EEprom and select "opos_nagra_emu_CryptApp.eep" from OPOS_Nagra_Emu folder
- Click Load CryptKey and select "opos_nagra_emu_CryptKey.hex" from OPOS_Nagra_Emu folder
- Finally click Program
- Wait and after completion a message should appear stating that the Opos was programmed successfully
- Exit OPOS LOADER

YOU HAVE NOW SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED THE NAGRA EMULATION SOFTWARE ONTO THE CARD, THE OPOS WILL NOW BEHAVE LIKE A ROM10...

CREATE ROM > Go to Nagra Edit
- Open your unmodded ROM, Click the tab "Data Editor"
- Enter the IRD Number backwards and Box Key
- Save the ROM image.

Go to Winexplorer

- Check in Configure>Program Parameters that "TitaniumCard_Nagra_Settings" is chosen under the quick settings
- Click on File>Open Script Click "loadeep.xvb" from the OPOS_Nagra_Emu\loadeep folder
- Click on Card>Execute Script and then click on your customised ROM10 image
- A message should appear stating that the eeprom was transferred successfully
- Remove card and place in the STB, wait about 30-40 sec for the keys to update and enjoy

I think that covers everything... Good Luck ;-)

P.S i do not take credit for any of this information, i have just pieced all the required info together into one tutorial

vinnyjones said:
A few people have PM'ed asking how to program an OPOS card so here is a quick tutorial that should explain from start to finish how to program it, if there are any mistakes or additions that can be made, let me know so that i can edit the post:

First of all u need to make sure u have everything on this list:

Hardware:
Programmer with Phoenix Interface, 3.58Mhz (Infinity USB Phoenix is quite good)
Opos card

Software:
OPOS Loader v2 (recommended) or the new beta
OPOS UpdateOS files
OPOS Nagra emu 29/04/05
Winexplorer (with hacked Winexplorer.ini) found with most titanium files
NagraEdit 4.1
Unmodded ROM10 for ur area (NTL, exCWC or Telewest)

First you have to set ur programmer for 3.58Mhz phoenix mode.

Go to OPOS LOADER select the correct COM port click ERASE (to restore to virgin state) and then click identify
- Take note of the OS version (usually 1.02,1.03 or 1.04)
- If it is NOT 1.04 the card needs to be updated first
- Exit OPOS loader

Extract the files from the UpdateOS in to a directory
- Execute the batch file with the corresponding com port that your programmer is connected to
(for example if proggy is connected to COM1 then double click "upd_com1.bat" or for COM2 double click "upd_com1.bat"
- Wait for program to finish, i think there is a message that actually tells you that it is safe to remove the card
- Close the dos window

Go back to OPOS LOADER
- Click identify (the operating system should now display as 1.04)
- Click Load Flash and select "opos_nagra_emu_CryptApp.hex" from OPOS_Nagra_Emu folder
- Click Load EEprom and select "opos_nagra_emu_CryptApp.eep" from OPOS_Nagra_Emu folder
- Click Load CryptKey and select "opos_nagra_emu_CryptKey.hex" from OPOS_Nagra_Emu folder
- Finally click Program
- Wait and after completion a message should appear stating that the Opos was programmed successfully
- Exit OPOS LOADER

YOU HAVE NOW SUCCESSFULLY UPLOADED THE NAGRA EMULATION SOFTWARE ONTO THE CARD, THE OPOS WILL NOW BEHAVE LIKE A ROM10...

CREATE ROM > Go to Nagra Edit
- Open your unmodded ROM, Click the tab "Data Editor"
- Enter the IRD Number backwards and Box Key
- Save the ROM image.

Go to Winexplorer

- Check in Configure>Program Parameters that "TitaniumCard_Nagra_Settings" is chosen under the quick settings
- Click on File>Open Script Click "loadeep.xvb" from the OPOS_Nagra_Emu\loadeep folder
- Click on Card>Execute Script and then click on your customised ROM10 image
- A message should appear stating that the eeprom was transferred successfully
- Remove card and place in the STB, wait about 30-40 sec for the keys to update and enjoy

I think that covers everything... Good Luck ;-)

P.S i do not take credit for any of this information, i have just pieced all the required info together into one tutorial

or u can just go to
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43059

hi opos proplems

hi mate i am havin problems with yr instruction no offence yah where says that change Phoenix to 3.58Mhz

well i haven' got 3.58Mhz

i only have on:
phoenix mode

3.579MHz
3.68MHz
4.00MHz
6.00MHz

same to smartmouse mode

so my programmer connected in port com 1 i double clicked it to upd com 1 comes up message sayin that updater for smartcards only so i change the mode still the same message come up

so i tryed it in winrar open upd com 1 works proper

so wat u want me to do then with phoenix programmer
help please lol

opos card

hi , just programmed my first opos card today following the above tutorial and updated from 1.03 to 1.04 and it worked 1st time left old keys in and it updated straight away . thanks to everyone on this site for what seems like endless and very useful information. : party : :mexican: : party :

gbaldy58 said:
hi , just programmed my first opos card today following the above tutorial and updated from 1.03 to 1.04 and it worked 1st time left old keys in and it updated straight away . thanks to everyone on this site for what seems like endless and very useful information. : party : :mexican: : party :

well done mate :) :)

Hi everyone

Will it work if i use infinity usb unlimted 2 program it

Thankz
Maggs

Maggs said:
Hi everyone

Will it work if i use infinity usb unlimted 2 program it

Thankz
Maggs
Yeah, you must be in vcp mode and I found tweaking the tranparent boost helps too.

gbaldy58 said:

well done :)

i program my opos card over 2 months ago but i can't seems to get ppv any help plz
ps how do you get the update v1.04 for the opos any way

thanks digital world for remebering birthday the other day sorry it took so long to say thanks cheers mate

Back