Turkey most undeserved to go through?

give credit where its due...
I think Turkey has brought all the fun into this tournement ok they played bad against Portugal but had a great game against Swiss coming back from 1-0 down and winning 2-1 and doing even better against the Chezcs coming back from 2-0 down and winning 3-2 and against the Croats I dont see many other teams even trying to comeback with a minute to go.
So I wish them all the best of luck against the Germans and I am sure England could have been there if the footballers played with the same passion and heart but they are too busy with their wags I suppose.
GO TURKEY

yeah but Turkey have about 5 fit players with the rest of the squad on yellows. Plus no first choice goal keeper - maybe this is a hint that they wanted to progress at all costs and not actually play any decent football.

lol i heard from one of my Turkish mates that they may be forced to play their 3rd choice keeper in defence because of the lack of players they have fit or available

I might just put the entire german squad in my team lool

give credit where its due...
I think Turkey has brought all the fun into this tournement ok they played bad against Portugal but had a great game against Swiss coming back from 1-0 down and winning 2-1 and doing even better against the Chezcs coming back from 2-0 down and winning 3-2 and against the Croats I dont see many other teams even trying to comeback with a minute to go.
So I wish them all the best of luck against the Germans and I am sure England could have been there if the footballers played with the same passion and heart but they are too busy with their wags I suppose.
GO TURKEY

Rock on mate.

Turkey got through because they wanted it more, as mentioned in another post, if WE (well speaking from an English point of view) had come out with the same spirit then maybe we would be in Turkeys place, but then again, we could have faced Turkey and now we could be complaining that we lost to them also.

A game is a game, if you lose then you lose because the other team beat you. Let Turkey have their glory, I for one give them more credit than Greece a few a years ago.

Greece were pathetic when they won it, yet at least Turkey have scored goals when they needed them, they have lit up this tournament, this is what football is all about. And last minute goals are fooking exciting, especially when it is just reward for late attacking football and extra time.

People need to understand that this football game is more than it is cracked up to be. No longer are the big wigs expected to win! If they can't work a much lesser team out over the 90 minutes andgo on to lose the game then they were simply not good enough!!

I for one think it is now exciting that lesser countries are showing a massive contribution to both the Euro and World Cup tourneys. I just wish a lot of other people will also see this. It can only be good for the sport, the sooner people realise that we do not dominate this sport (nor have we ever) and the sooner the realise that the new Europeans and the African nations are now starting to become a factor the sooner the better.

Also in a few years time soon our squad will be full of eastern Europeans!!!! (Mr so and so is Mr new polish/british senstaions Grandpa, etc, etc.... so he will be able to play for our national team.) If you get my drift, wink wink. :)

lol no - but the simple fact is they only have 13 players to choose from when it comes to the match.

Now, I dont care about spirit and all that pish - 13 players? Something has gone wrong there, and no one can deny it.

The entire team probably has more yellows and reds then anyone else in the tournament, as well as more injured players. I maintain they didnt play to get to the final, they have played to get notice from bigger clubs to that they can get nice transfers etc. If they get to the final, so be it, but it wont be from footballing skill. That requires goals within 90 minutes.

I have a suspicion that they will try the same trick on the germans, stifiling them at every opportunity and playing for penalties. So that after 2 hours of football all it comes down to are some lucky spot kicks.

Turkey have been brilliant in this tournament and i hope they go on to win it now. They've shown passion and determination when all was lost. Maybe our useless lot of junk should take note.

I hope they get buttered by germany today...first and maybe last time i'll ever say that

I dont want a team that only decides to show up in last 10 minutes, that dives every other minute and fouls constantly to break up play to win anything

Precisely!!

nl86 - have you seen Turkey play during this competition? It doesnt sound like it. I have seen them do brilliantly at diving, fouling, breaking up the play and time wasting, even kicking a ball now and then.

And to top it all off, there is that bleeding Kazim-Richards saying Turkey is going to do England a "favour" by beating the Germans. The chancer was born in Britain, so he could have done us a favour and play for his country. Oh hang on, wait, he only played in the championship here as he couldnt make it with the big boys, so had to go off to some other countries pub league.

You may have noticed that I am slightly annoyed with the Turkish diving team this year. They obviously got lost on the way to Bejing.

And please dont take offense if anyone reading is Turkish etc.

Who said Turkey dont show up till the last 10 mins lol, i only want them to win because i hate Germany.

I think I may need to take my comments back.

It looks like the German Ladies National Ballet squad need Lehman back for their summer perfomance of the nutcracker.

well done Turkey made me very proud to be Turkish for all the heart and passion they all showed in this tournement
hey elniro why are you so upset with Turkey the Germans you were supporting tonight were very very lucky

well done Turkey made me very proud to be Turkish for all the heart and passion they all showed in this tournement
hey elniro why are you so upset with Turkey the Germans you were supporting tonight were very very lucky
No, the Germans scored more goals. If you are going to call it luck, then Turkey has been lucky all the way up to this point.

well done turkey on a tremendous effort in the tournament:Clap:

evreyone was saying that the turks would get hammered by the germans, it was quiet the opposite

with a doubt turkey were the better team

if they had nihat playing up front today it would of been a different story

Well done to turkey. With the amount of players missing, they were outstanding.

Hi

Turkey were unlucky tonight, with some players missing that was a great performance. They might have been lucky before but their luck ran out tonight.

Back