TS media 7.99

Twotone

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Very new to all this, can someone help by explaining how to update the VU+duo to 7.99 in easy steps? Will be most grateful for any help

twotone

go to ts media and then tools at the bottom and software upgrade
it should update its self

go to ts media and then tools at the bottom and software upgrade
it should update its self
hi, thanks for your help but when I select TS Media the unit immediately crashes, can't even get to tools etc. I'm told I have to download IPK file onto a laptop and then load to unit but have no idea how to do this, if you have any idea in simple terms I will be eternally grateful

br
twotone

you will need to remove plug in and reinstall then . you need to download the file and ftp it to the box
place the file in the temp folder and install

you will need to remove plug in and reinstall then . you need to download the file and ftp it to the box
place the file in the temp folder and install

hi thanks but where can I get the file. Tried here but as I haven't made five posts won't give me access to ipk file that I need , it's hard to find this stuff .

here is how to install tsmedia in your VUDUO box
1) get the latest ipk file
2) get an ftp tool like dcc.exe
3) start dcc.exe and it'll ask you for the ip of your receiver
4) if you don't know the ip of your receiver you can find it by going to Menu>setup>system>network>adapter settings - you are looking for the "IP address"
5) in dcc type in your login and your password - login is normally "root" passwd is whatever it's been set to or it may be empty if you laoded the software yourself
6) press the "reconnect" button in DCC - in the blue area at the bottom it should now say Telnet connected FTP connected Enigma 2 detected
7) click the FTP button - on the left panel are folders inside your receiver - on the right panel folders on your PC/Laptop
8) in the left panel click on the folder marked "Var" then click on "tmp..." this folder will have a number of files in it already
9) in the right panel find the folder where you saved the ....ipk file for tsmedia (or any other plugin you want in the receiver)
10) once you found the plug in single click with your mouse to highlight it (it'll go blue) - then press the button between the two panels marked "<"
this'll move a copy of the file onto your receiver
11) Now on the receiver browse to menu>addons>manually install Ipk Packages - in here you will see the IPK package and you click on it to install it following the onscreeen messages

Hope this helps

Back