iPhone Trying to wipe phone

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all my partners dad give our daughter his old iPhone 4s which had a cracked screen.

We deleted the phone down at his house as it asked for his apple Id. When we got back home ( 320 miles away) we put it into the shop for a new screen.

Got it back today and it's asking for his old apple Id that it used to be connected to. Is there anyway around this as he can't remember it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Re: Trying to wipe phkne

I think you will need to put into DFU mode

plug into pc
hold power for 3 seconds
hold power and home for 10 seconds
release power but hold home button

this should put into recovery mode and from iTunes you can choose to restore or set up as a new iPhone.

Dfu mode will NOT get around the iCloud activation lock.

I'm an Apple engineer, it's been asked loads on here and the web.

The ONLY way is with the Apple ID it's locked with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you will need to put into DFU mode

plug into pc
hold power for 3 seconds
hold power and home for 10 seconds
release power but hold home button

this should put into recovery mode and from iTunes you can choose to restore or set up as a new iPhone.

And will still need the Apple ID of the iCloud account its locked to.

This is the reason I left apple and went to Android. They are shit and far too complicated

Cheers though lads

It's an anti theft measure, and a very effective one. Can't blame them for trying or people forgetting their id's

You can when it got deleted when we erased the phone so it shouldn't be still in there

It's an anti theft measure, and a very effective one.

I tend to agree with you here- it means in effect that a stolen iPhone is completely worthless to anyone except its rightful owner. Question is, has this message found its way down to the underworld? I suspect not, but at least whoever does lose an iPhone has the small consolation of knowing that the thieving git won't be able to use or sell it.

Can't blame them for trying or people forgetting their id's

Could it be that the repair shop has craftily iCloud locked it? In the hope of charging again to "unlock" it?

Good point - although it does reveal the start and the end of the email address - or it used to so u could figure out roughly which address was used

surely you can try logging in via apple website and follow the process of forget password

you can also access phone book details online etc

Back