Trying To Fix A Faulty Samsung 42" Plasma

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been given a faulty plasma TV by my brother which he was going to chuck out as he’s bought a new led tv, well i thought i would come on here and ask if anyone has ever had this trouble with their TV. It’s a Samsung ps-42c7hd, an old model i believe, i was going to see if it could be repaired and given to my mother as she’s still using an old 28" box TV.

I have uploaded a video of my mobile in 720 but the quality is not that good, what it does is come on for half a second then the screen goes blank then on again then off, if it’s not used for a week and i turn it on half the screen looked vertical lines, which i have seen on YouTube but at the moment as shown in the video it seems to just turn on and off? Any experts here? Is it worth paying for repair or an easy fix (i do know about the capacitor problems but i havent soldered since high school lol)

samsung plasma ps-42c7hd problem - YouTube

thanks

Last edited:
re: Trying To Fix A Faulty Samsung 42" Plasma

Check QX801 and QX802 in the middle of the power supply for dry solder joints.

re: Trying To Fix A Faulty Samsung 42" Plasma

yep, replace the vented cap on the y-sus pcb, also djs on the power supply.

A friend gave me one of these with the same fault. Replaced the cap but no joy. Re-soldered QX801 and QX802. Same. just in case someone else has the same that cap is 100uF 50v. Maplin has 100uF 63V. Help :-(

Back