tried to reflash vu duo

yes images will be no problem it will take it ps there is a program called vu+utillites that should get your box running again its like recovering a dead box to factory image and then try flashing hopefully it gets done

Do you have a link to this program please? Always handy to have.

Hi pokey

Asked you a while back about what version clone your running because for latest image it must be a version 3.2 clone, if your not sure what version you have check and stick with your backup image till you know what version box you have a suspect version 2 but I could be wrong. You wont run the latest image on a version 2 box.

Hi ferret

its a v3.2 mate so not really sure why it wont take new images it reads the usb ok then after reboot just says starting with red light on and thats all it does.

cheers

In anothee thread He said he had 3.2. Someone pointed him to the bootloader update.

Hopefully sorted.

do you need the rs232 cable to do bootloader i have 2 off them but cant find them any other way to do it or do i need to update it.

do you need the rs232 cable to do bootloader i have 2 off them but cant find them any other way to do it or do i need to update it.

Ok this post off another forum

Use the RS232 cable and dongle type device that came with my box to update the firmware to the latest v3.2.

To do this make sure your computer has a real physical COM port, USB adapters won’t work reliably and that the OS is Windows XP.

Make sure the Vu Duo is switched off, plug the RS3232 dongle into the Vu Duo, plug one end of the cable into the dongle, the other end into the COM port on the PC/Laptop.

Download the latest v3.2 firmware and unpack to a suitable location and then run the program renewaes.exe, this should automatically detect the COM port, if it doesn’t then you have a problem so check all connections.

If the program detected a COM port then you can continue so click on Load file and select the file vu_2ver_22m_130110_sec_isp.bin.

After the file has loaded switch on the Vu Solo/Uno/Duo, the program should start flashing the firmware to the v3 security chip, a progress bar will be displayed and a message will pop up when the Update has completed.

The box is now ready, so go and get whatever image you want to use then use the normal USB method to flash the box and then enjoy.

Thought I'd update this as I had the same problem myself the with the box just sitting on "Starting..."
I updated the bootloader via usb and then was able to flash again with image. All back up and running.

I think the fault came about from the USB stick which I had the EPG running on. Have swapped that for another USB.

Back