treated myself to TT Via 120

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
is there anyway to add my own voices or car icons, as this TomTom has NO sd card and is not recognised in My Computer, but shows on My TomTom homepage.

thanks in advance.

sounds like it using an ip address to connect to the pc
have you tried to view source and see that there homepage says ?
might be able to ftp to it

from what i have just read mate these look closed source so no way to update anything unless from tomtom

NONE of these devices (that use v10 or v11 navcore and operate through MyTomTom rather than TTHome) can be cracked/patched/manipulated etc

Full list:-
GO 1000 Series
Via Series
GO LIVE 800 Series
GO 7100
GO 7100 TRUCK
GO 7150
GO 7150 TRUCK
GO 9100
GO 9150
GO 9150 TRUCK
Start 20 Series
Blue & Me TomTom 2 LIVE
Sony XNV

From lemonfish:-

The reason why all of the new TomToms since September 2010 (such as the GO1000 range and all VIA models etc) do not show up as a drive on the computer is because they are using the Linux based file systems instead of FAT/FAT32.

This wasn't a choice by TomTom to make it harder for us to copy or crack their devices. This was done because Microsoft successfully sued TomTom for using the Microsoft FAT and FAT32 file systems on a Linux platform, which Microsoft claimed was an infringement.

Therefore TomTom were forced to use another file system other than a Windows based one. TomToms run on Linux anyway, so the choice to use Linux file systems do make the devices run faster than ever before, as their file systems are generally more reliable and capable than the older FAT/FAT32. This is a positive for customers, but it's a negative for us who want to update our new TomToms by sharing files with each other, as we do on here and other forums.

The only way to currently update the new TomToms is to use their program called "MyTomTom," although you have to pay for updating most things like new maps and safety cameras.

So far, nobody has been successful in trying to "crack" this new system, or rather make it possible for us to update the new TomToms using Windows Explorer. One must wonder though... how hard can it really be??

digging up my old thread rather than create new one......

i have added a few car icons using "My TomTom" but still not able to add voices.

i dont think you can add your own voices,only paid ones thru tomtom home
this is taken from a satnav forum which a member was doing the same thing
trying to add his own voices this is what he said
''I rang Tomtom support and asked why we were no longer allowed to customise our units, and they came straight out with to stop piracy, so we can no longer download anything from the internet and install it in your tomtom, they are locked and will be staying like that from now on. No more custom sounds, Poi's, Voices, bluetooth connection other than by phone no more connection to car radio, no SD cards or anything else, unless you buy it from them on their site, and they install it via TomTom Home.''

i hope this helps...

if i was you al i be getting shut of this via 120 and get an older model
xxl 530 or summat simaler,and keep away from these models
GO 1000 Series
Via Series
GO LIVE 800 Series
PRO 7100
PRO 7100 TRUCK
PRO 7150
PRO 7150 TRUCK
PRO 9100
PRO 9150
PRO 9150 TRUCK
Start 20 Series
Blue & Me TomTom 2 LIVE
Sony XNV
TomTom Connecta

tomtom just updated the via 120 series and now it accepts SD in the slot under the panel at the bottom of the device. possibly a step forward in hacking it?

Back