Homeplug Tp link home plug

cosso1

Member ++
Reaction score
Just been to Argos and bought myself some TP-LINK AV200 Nano Powerline Adapters £19.99. On the instructions, it says plug and play, I can get them paired up, but cannot for the life of me get the internet to work through them. I have a Virgin Super Hub and have attached one adapter to the router and have attached the second adapter to numerous different pc's TV's but can't get the internet through them. I have tried sockets right next to each other and in different rooms, used different Ethernet cables. I can only think there must be something on the router that needs changing. But I have logged into the router and checked settings and all seem to be right.
I am at a loss.

they should be how they say plug and play, have you checked there homepage to see if there is any software to pair them up.

the sockets you have them plugged in are they on same ring main, if not try using them in same room and see what happens.

the sockets you have them plugged in are they on same ring main, if not try using them in same room and see what happens.

Yes I have tried in same room, tried both in same double socket. They appear to be paired, but can't get the internet.

Did you connect them to their respective pc and router before you then paired them together?

At the risk of stating the obvious. You have connected one home plug to the router via lan cable?

Did you connect them to their respective pc and router before you then paired them together?

Well not to PC, as I wanted them for a smart tv. So one connected to router and other connected to TV. Then powered them up and paired, then the TV says there is a network problem. I have also connected it to a laptop to try and it says its connected to an unidentified network.

Well not to PC, as I wanted them for a smart tv. So one connected to router and other connected to TV. Then powered them up and paired, then the TV says there is a network problem. I have also connected it to a laptop to try and it says its connected to an unidentified network.

Its sounding like you have a faulty homeplug. They should really be plug in and play. Take them back for an exchange as faulty m8 and try again

Another thing that could be causing the problem could be the superhub. I know some hav had issues with them with dongles etc and put the hub into router mode.

Maybe @Napster might havemore to add as he has vm superhub and once had issues with a vonnets ... Just a though

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have 3 homeplugs running via my super hub just fine, one in router and other two in PC upstairs had no issue what so every, but as ianB said my vonets was a right pain until I got the newer model which was great.

Best thing to do is change them at Argos just for peace of mind and if you still have issue post back and we will try to help you out.

Thanks for everyones help. I went back to Argos and exchanged them and the new ones were exactly as it says on the box Plug and Play. There working fine now. Thanks again.

Thanks for everyones help. I went back to Argos and exchanged them and the new ones were exactly as it says on the box Plug and Play. There working fine now. Thanks again.

excellent news m8 thanks for letting us no your sorted.

Back