TOTP to be axed from BBC One?

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Long-running chart show Top of The Pops could be moved from BBC One to BBC Three this autumn, according to a report in The Mirror today.

Originally launched in 1964, the programme has recently suffered a decline in ratings, with former children's TV presenter Andi Peters being drafted in to oversee a radical revamp.

Peters will become executive producer in September, after former boss Chris Cowey quits.

BBC One controller Lorraine Heggessey said that a move from BBC One was "a possibility" but that it would be staying put "for the moment."

"There are now lots of different charts. My daughter downloads all her music from the internet. She's into bands that never feature on TOTP and she's 13," she said. "Any strand like this is constantly evolving. It's important I let Andi come up with ideas for what to do with it."

won't miss it crap anyway don't now why its still on got all these music channels anyway !

lol long live free tv

Hooray!!... It may help the ratings if they had some performers on with talent a little more regularly! Instead of being led by all this 'teenie' processed rubbish thats in the charts...The show should get back to it's roots and play real music from real artists and not worry about the record company suits.....getting on my soap box now..lol-)

Back