TomTom7 GPS help required

stenie

Inactive User
Reaction score
have installed tt7.450 on my samsung omnia phone. managed to get maps etc working, but can't seem to use internal gps! is there an issue with it and will i have to use my external bluetooth receiver (pain in the ass!) ? says no gps device, but when i input destination, it says waiting for a valid gps signal, but never finds it! don't know if it is using gps or not!! quite confusing. any help in clearing this up greatly appreciated. thanks. scott

When it says waiting for gps signal, that means it has found the internal gps and it is working.

do you have a little app called quick gps?

is it windows mobile you are running?

also, under tomtom preferences, what is the baud rate of the reciever set to?

When it says waiting for gps signal, that means it has found the internal gps and it is working.

do you have a little app called quick gps?

is it windows mobile you are running?

also, under tomtom preferences, what is the baud rate of the reciever set to?

Hi mate. I'm running windows mobile 6.1. the only gps function i can find is enhanced gps which tells me i may have to pay to use. i have an external gps link as well and it asks me to set baud rate, com port etc. have an external cygnet polstar receiver which worked fine when paired with my n95 but when i open it on omnia, it doesn't find any services to use and wont pair!! When i set tomtom to run internal gps it just goes back to screen and gives me the waiting for signal message, but any other screen tells me no gps device. I thought i was ok at this kinda thing but can't get it to work with external or internal gps!! there was me getting all excited when i finally managed to get the program and correct maps to work. Any suggestions( apart from going back to N95!) greatly appreciated. thanks again for your input. Scott.

do you use msn mate?

let me get home from work and i will walk you through getting this sorted?

do you use msn mate?

let me get home from work and i will walk you through getting this sorted?
thanksmate.not home till later on tonight. i do use msn and will pm my details later. is it ok if i just give you a shout if i see that you're active in the forum? reallyappreciate the help man as it's doing my nut in!

Thats fine mate. speak to you later. will also post what steps are taken on here, for future reference.

any chance of telin us what u did to rectify the problem pls? thanx

sorry mate. been out of action!! been fiddling about with stuff but still no joy. hopefully catch you online soon and see what you can do. it sucks getting lost but coping ok with ye olde street maps! hope to catch you soon. scott

Success!! Finally got it working! Found out there was an issue with my handset.bluetooth and gps functions were fooked!! have new handset and have it working perfectly, apart from the fact i cant get full postcode search to work. it will only search for first part, then i have to look for street anyway. think i can live with that though. thanks again to devil666x for being so helpful. if anyone wants to know how to set up ttn7 on a samsung omnia, i'll post instructions as i could now do it in my sleep the amount of times i've installed and uninstalled it!!! Thanks again. scott.

about the problem with the postcodes, have you put the postcode file on it and named the folder ZIP ?

I had to futz with tomt tom 7 for a while to get it to find the internal GPS on my tilt (running a custom rom) try changing the baud rate that seemed to speed up sat access for me

How did you manage to solve finding GPS problem on samsung omnia...I am still struggling with it. I am not sure which internal gps to choose from? Because when i try to choose internal built in gps system, it doesnt give me the option to change baud rate or com port...even though i have setup com port 7.

I wish someone can talk me through i would be travelling a lot from next week, it will be great if my omnia can work for me too. thanks in advance.

Back