tomtom 6 navigator

not2bad

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i know someone clever will be able to answer my quick question !

I have searched but not quite found i what i'm looking for.

I have tomtom 6 navigator installed on my pda, it runs and can see the map but it wants activating. I have the crack which i have copied to both programfiles/navigator (on my sd card and on my pda) but it still prompts me for the activation code

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

theres one slight problem with install that version of tomtom.

It works, it picks up my gps device and works as SAT NAV. But it also disables all sound on my ipaq hx2790. There is no way to recover from this without doing a clean reset.

When you say disables all sound, do you still get the sound/voices through tomtom??? So you dont even get the TomTom voices? Or do you get the tomtom voices but everything else is muted???

i mean as in the sound for the whole device is disabled always turned to off. if i try and change it it defaults back to on with no sound. this only happens after installing this version of tomtom. if clean reset the pda the sound works. its like its damaging the sound drivers on the pda

Are you sure tomtom is not in mute mode, where it would turn down the volume for the device?

TomTom Menu > Change Preferences > 5. Turn off sound

Or Try this after you have installed TomTom on the PDA

Go into File Explorer, and enable view all file in the menu tab.

Go into Windows directory and find the "btcoreif" file, rename it or delete it, then reboot your pda.

Last edited:
@ c9679

this is why i love this forum !

The sound wasnt turned off in tomtom but yet my sound on my pda was off.

BUT .... once i renamed the file as mentioned and soft reseted the pda my sound was back AND tomtom worked and media player still works.

Thanks a million saved me many an hour messing about with the thing !

No problem, its a bug with the ipaq and TomTom 6, the instalation replaces a file needed by the PDA, renaming it or deleting it should get things working :)

Back