today ambit200 add sigma1.06 Success

qwea

Inactive User
Reaction score
today ambit200 add sigma1.06 Success:banana:

Last edited:
what do u mean, do you mean you managed to add sigma on a Ambit modem?

Raven3k said:
what do u mean, do you mean you managed to add sigma on a Ambit modem?
yes.
Except the indicating lamp demonstrated has the question. Other all work is normal.

Now also in test stage. Can emit soon. Asks the patience to wait for.

qwea said:
yes.
Except the indicating lamp demonstrated has the question. Other all work is normal.

Now also in test stage. Can emit soon. Asks the patience to wait for.

understood, the lights arent working properly, can u atleast explain how you are doing this.

Test information:
the flashrom chip:
1. mx29lv160abtc..............ok
2.mx29lv160bbtc...............ok
3.mx29lv160btc.................ERROR(needs to Replacement flashrom chip).
Docsis ............................ok
EuroDocsis......................ok

Last edited:
great work!!, i am sure this is gonna get all those dead ambits working again.

Whats he on about?!

Hi,

could someone please explain what this chap has succeeded in doing?
Iv got a few abmit 200's that went off recently, now all I get is the flashing light sequence.

Is this a potential fix to getting them back online?
Cheers

basically hes managed to modify the ambit so it can run sigma therefore you can block updates and also force the modem to accept configs even if your mac is a bronze or silver(using sigma).

so far, it works on a docsis area, but hes still testing if it works on a eurodocsis area.

if this turns out successful you wont need to buy a SB5100 because ambit 200 and above support Docsis 2.0, something which ntl will soon be using.

edit: if you download the attached file, it shows how he modified the ambit 200 to run sigma X.
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showpost.php?p=562675&postcount=10

what i want to know is where did he get chip from and how did he install it.
great work!!

Last edited:
This currently for modem that are readable through Hyperterminal. Has anyone managed to get a dead modem working with Sigma?

i done 1 as dug out and dusted off a old 200 flashed fine got the sigma page up no problem at all
but as for booting up its only got 2 lights on and wont lock in and the mac is 100% working as took from a surfboard ????

Thats similar to the problem i have,sigma httpd loads fine,but after a while the httpd just dies,and the only thing i can do is reset the modem

Heres a snippet of the error i get

Logging event: T501.0 Acquired Downstream (586750000 Hz)........ SUCCESS
v1Trap: cmTrapLog 192.168.100.1->192.168.100.10:162, cmty="TCNiSO"
CM> CatTel: Telnet Initialized, listening on 192.168.100.1:23
Adjusting the initial ranging power to 33.0 dBmV...
0x000021e8 ['Event Log Thread' id=0x807b7820] BcmOperatingSystemFactory::VxWorksTerminateCallout: (Singleton) FATAL - Somebody called terminate(), possibly as a result of an unhandled C++ exception. Deliberately crashing the system so that we restart...

Tlb Store Exception
Exception Program Counter: 0x802486d8
Status Register: 0x1000ff01
Cause Register: 0x0000000c
Access Address : 0x00000000
Task: 0x807b7820 "Event Log Thread"

Slimbo

Last edited:
Got a few redundant 200'z, will give this a bash tonight! See if I can break something!!! lol

Slimbo said:
Well i have fooked 2 up so far from doing this,i wonder where i am going wrong :(

Slimbo
using a MAX232 serial cable Monitors the information give me.

Back