to end all my pc sound probs

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
some of you might have read my posts in rant and general and also computer problems about my medion P6618 laptop that i purchased with vista home premium and it had vista X64 HP as a option dvd , so when win 7 was available i purchase a HP x64 version to upgrade to it went alright apart from having to install vista x64 first . I was never happy with the performance in this mode as when down loading files browsing would seize up then 1 day i had a blueray rip with dts sound that my media player couldn't play so i connected my laptop up and got no sound from the tv ( it worked fine in vista x86 ) after many calls to medion they collected it and sent to germany for repair after 12 days it came back scratched all over the top and no repair done 3 more calls to medion and they told me this model wasn't built to run win 7 so to go back to vista i did this and the sound worked fine so i obtained a x86 version of win7 and just did a update and all my files were re-installed and the sound works as well
If you have 32 bit vista i suggest not upgrading to 64 bit win 7 as not all programs work well in 64 bit systems

edogg

glad you got sorted, but what did they say about the state of the laptop on its return ( scratched)

glad you got sorted, but what did they say about the state of the laptop on its return ( scratched)

they said it must have been done by me as they take care of products and it was packed very well sticky film all over it and sheet foam on the screen how can i prove otherwise !! i would advise people to take pictures before sending away for repair

edogg

Back