TM800 update , 02/06/10

using dreamboxedit, connect to yout tm500 and download the channels, then connect to your tm800, click ftp, at the bottom cligh 'enigma2' and send to your tm800, click 'reload settings on dreambox' and job done ;)

Hi, digi thanks for your response but am gona ask again, how do i download the channels from the tm500, as in which folder do i go to look for the file and what is the file/files called?

had a look in all folders can't figure out which one contains the favourite channel list etc.

thanks.

If you already have your favs file on your pc and you want to upload to your tm800 the path is var/etc/enigma2 all favouries stored in here

if you are downloading from the box you can specify what file you want to save them in on your pc

hope this helps

the programme dreamboxedit will deal with all of that for you m8, auto extracting the files from the correct folders on the 500, and then putting them back into the enigma2 equivalent ones on the 800

ok guys were almost there thanks to u that is.

@digidude i have just realised your talking about dreambox edit and i thought you are talking about dreambox control center. :) dope.

anyway, can you confirm whether i have understood correctly or whether this will work.

1). if i open dreambox control center and ftp connect to my 500 so i can see all the folders. then click receive so that all folders are copied to desktop.

then ftp 800 with dreambox control center and click send so it copies all those folders back to tm800 i will have my favourite lists?

2). In addition i have now downloaded dreambox Edit and tried to use it and when i clicked received files from dreambox it put a bunch of bouquet files in a folder on dektop so if i connect to my tm800 with same program and then if i click send files to dreambox it will put all those bouquet files to 800 and all my favs too!

i think i have almost got it, i can feel it.

thanks alot 4 ur help.

ok everyone my review of the tm800 will be coming shortly almost figured everything out now thanks to help from digi and others :)

my review will be usefull as it will be from an computer/tv enthusiast with beginner level networking skills. :)

theres one final question i would like to ask the members who allready have the tm800.

How do you change the default blank password to something else, on my tm500 i could open technomate control center connect to box and change but seems to not be working on this box.

any other method (the easiest method) plz.

i need to change it because i use dreambox control center to configure my cccam config and its not letting me without password.

for the meantime i made cccam config with my tm500 connected then exported this and imported into tm800 with filezilla :) if anyones having same problem its a short term fix.

:)

Question reminder:

How to change default tm800 password?

Thanks a lot guys.

How do you change the default blank password to something else, on my tm500 i could open technomate control center connect to box and change but seems to not be working on this box.

Open a Telnet session.

Type 'passwd'.

Type your NEW password (don't worry, you won't see what you are tying, that's normal).

It'll ask you to type your new password again.

Now as you do this you'll probably messages telling you that your password is too weak, just ignore them.

Just noticed you said you are new to networking.

To Telnet, you type Telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx = the IP address of your TM800

ok everyone my review of the tm800 will be coming shortly almost figured everything out now thanks to help from digi and others :)

my review will be usefull as it will be from an computer/tv enthusiast with beginner level networking skills. :)

theres one final question i would like to ask the members who allready have the tm800.

any other method (the easiest method) plz.

i need to change it because i use dreambox control center to configure my cccam config and its not letting me without password.

for the meantime i made cccam config with my tm500 connected then exported this and imported into tm800 with filezilla :) if anyones having same problem its a short term fix.

:)

Question reminder:

How to change default tm800 password?

Thanks a lot guys.

If you are confident using dcc then open telnet tab and follow witchy instructions

then go back to confi, set user to root and password you have just entered in telnet tab and hit reconnect button you should then see a message saying eniga2 found.You can then use dcc to ftp from your box

hi digi,

just noticed one major thing which needs to get fixed in the future; you probably already noticed but just in case:

at the moment you can either have USUALS set up ONLY or ADVANCED for tuner configuration.

So basically with USUALS nearly all sattelites pick up signal with my latitude and longitude. except sirius 4.8 :(

so normally what i do is fine move the dish manually and store the position for sirius 4.8 but with the current f/w on tm800 you can only either have usuals or advanced set up for 1 sattelite in which you can adjust the sattelite manually.

this is not a complain this is something that needs slight improving but don't get me wrong the box is beautiful.

Hi got sirus 4.8 here entered long and lat and downloaded channel list sats, first plug in the list

hi digi,

at the moment you can either have USUALS set up ONLY or ADVANCED for tuner configuration.

Maybe I've picked you up wrong mate, but I also have options for a SIMPLE tuner setup on my config page.

Sirius sat is working fine here too.

Last edited:
Maybe I've picked you up wrong mate, but I also have options for a SIMPLE tuner setup on my config page.

Sirius sat is working fine here too.

yh, when i said USUALS it is found under SIMPLE in the name of "Positioner".

I can get sirius aswell but just not with lat/long because my dish i believe is not set up properly; well thats what i am going to do now before dusk.

When you have POSITIONER selected you can fine tune a sattelite, save it to position for e.g 2/3/4/5 but then you cannot use the stored position with positioner selected you have to change to ADVANCED which only works for 1 sattelite at a time.

Try it, maybe im wrong.

In the Advanced menu you can choose the settings for each satellite.

So, you have manually setup Sirius @ 4.8 west as USALS misses it?

And you don't want that particular satellite to use USALS?

If so then scroll down to the very bottom of the list and select NO to "Use USALS for this sat".

I think that's the answer, but I'm not sure of the question. :)

Back