TM800 Fact or fiction!

Rumpelstiltskin.

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As the release date for this receiver was originally July 2009, then Sep 2009, then Dec 2009, then Feb 2010, then March 2010, then May 15 2010 is it a real receiver or fiction lol.
Latest release date to suppliers was May 15th and after speaking to Digidude they are still not here. They were meant to be ready for despatch from suppliers for Mon 17 May.
Now TM may physically hold the stock, but if they are still not working with sw/images 100% they can't release them.
I may be wrong and often am lol, But I will be suprised if a working model turns up for despatch 17 May.
Why have no images/tools etc been pre released for this model yet?
Where is it on there web page? This is all they have posted-
"TM-800 HD Linux
24th April 2010
The TM-800 HD has unfortunately been delayed due to recent events and may therefore take up to another 15 days for release. We apologise for the inconvenience caused."

According to them 15 days from 24 april, which would of made release date 9 May!
Another date missed.

I for one would not touch it when it does come out until all the public beta testers have finished paying for the privelage of testing it for them lol.

Still it may turn up yet, or is it a WMD job hehe.

Anyway thats my rant over hehe.

Agree with all that m8, there must be some serious issues with it. Maybe we get get digidude to pass his around us, like a car share scheme lol

JohnO

Totally agree mate as that is looking more and more like a ghost receiver.

Everyone hears about, a couple (digidude) have close encounters and contact, movies are made about (youtube), and 99,9% don't get to see them. Will we see them at all?
I heard they have serious issues and i also noticed the youtube thread showing the wonders of this so advertised receiver was closed like that.

Let's see and keep waiting. I might get one just to have alook when and if it comes out

I was well up for this box as my Tm600 has been great apart from the epg side of things.
The tm800hd was going to be the ideal upgrade, don't need twin tuners but with the release dates and price increase it's putting me off.
I spend hours trawling the net reading up on this box and that box, open source, closed source ...bluh bluh.
I just want a hd box that isn't a clone that has good software support, that has a decent epg and allows to be as server/client for £200 budget.
I hear that the eurovox team are releasing a new box S5000hd blade nice looking box but closed source ...

Might wait until the vu solo get released ...but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the tm800hd

Hando

Last edited:
Spoke to a guy at southernsat today he said they are definitely being released on Monday from technomate.

But i am really surprised that there is no images or programs released today or any beta images perhaps there are major problems with the box?

So i have canceled my two TM800 that i ordered and im going to get a VU+ Duo instead at least when i get it on Tuesday there will be no issues!!!!!!!!

I have always had technomates is the past currently using Tm9100, But the VU+ sat seems to be hit so am gonna order one of these as I see support a cross many forums for the VU+.
I think the TM800 will be a great sat but with poor image support.

My intentions are to get the TM800 play with it until the Vu+ Solo is released then sell on and grab the Solo. :)

i was going to get the TM800.

but when you ask digidude questions he does not answer

just make me think even he don't even believe in it anymore

Have you thought about how many P.M's Digidude must get from this forum alone on a daily basis? Perhaps this might give you a better insight into the reasons why he's not replied. The best thing anyone can do is contact Technomate themselves and ask them when the release date will be and who has stock of the receivers. If we all start to lean on the supplier rather than the people who are trying to get the images working they might have some more time to get the images up and running for when the receiver is released. The delay's may be caused by too many PM's to Digidudes inbox.

Regards

Liam

Last edited by a moderator:
i was going to get the TM800.

but when you ask digidude questions he does not answer

just make me think even he don't even believe in it anymore

maybe he is just pissed of with being bombarded with so many questions!

the tm800 has been added to my suppliers website but the add to cart button is shaded out so inactive, this makes me think that they have it in stock but cant release it for sale as yet...But i'l ring them tomorrow and find out for sure

As pointed out in the TM800HD video thread, im not actually anything at all to do with technomate themselfs, but due to being in the satellite business, both as my job and hobby, for so long, have found myself lucky enough to be one of a select few asked to test things out, and sometimes have information passed to me to make public, but, as has been seen with the TM800HD release dates, this can turn round and bite you in the arse when things change.

I work 8-6 monday to friday, both out on the road and at the computer. In any one day, its not unusual for me to receive between 100-300 phone calls. My phone is programmed to turn itself off at 7PM every day.

When im not on the road or on the phone, im generally still at the computer, checking through some of the 200+ emails that go to my main inbox, i have to check the spam box just in case. then i have my secondary digidude email, and my DW inbox. My DW inbox can hold 1000 messages, and it gets emptied roughly every 3 weeks.

All the above is before i have even looked at a single post in the main forums.

Add to all that 3 weekends a month im here on my own with 3 kids, and youll understand why i sometimes miss an email or a question in the main forums.

this weekend has been the one a month where i dont have the kids, so the last 48 hours have been one great big drink and drug induced haze :proud:

The TM800HD is a real enough receiver though, if you want a photo of the receiver with your name next to it as further proof, no problem lol

the release date being this weekend though, thats still something that i dont know, but i do know that if its not released tomorrow, 2 firms will probably be issuing pre-release refunds totalling nearly £5k, which wont do their faith in TM any favours at all. I hope its released tomorrow, as its me thats being told the dates to make public

if you want a photo of the receiver with your name next to it as further proof, no problem lol

Could you don a red latex body suit and 9" heels in my picture please mate?

if you could do a video instead with a matching whip sliding up and down your crotch, that would be golden.
fine, i'll settle for a .gif

@Digidude
You didn't need to explain yourself to anyone.

@Digidude
You didn't need to explain yourself to anyone.

He needs to explain to us why he owns one of those red body suit things!

pmsl.

I reckon it's part of his Barry Allen outfit. :)

Back