TM800-DWiQ-03-07-11

That does get rid of the momentary frozen image...but the channel zap time is now MUCH more than before. I can live with fast zap enabled :) but ideally it would be great if we could get to fast zap with no image freeze.

on your remote Go to menu, setup, system, customise and turn off fast zapping

I didnt notice much of a time diffrence but i prefer it without the frozen image, there is a sly box in one of my other rooms and it zaps much slower than the tm. What sort of disk are your picons stored on.

Anybody else facing annoying momentary audio drops on HD channels ? Is there a setting I need to change or an image fix in the works? Sometimes they are so frequent that it makes the HD channel virtually unwatchable. I think I observe a momentary video frame freeze as well. Would check and confirm

So far the only issues I have encountered on this image :

a) Audio drops on HD channels - Mentioned above. I have seen this behaviour on earlier images as well. Suggestions please ??

b) Internal Hard drive not detecting - Detected on first install, tried formatting and that's when it disappeared. ANY CLUES ON THIS ? I have a new 500gig 2.5 Toshiba drive installed.

c) Getting picons to work - Solved by setting the path right

d) Skins not changing - Would be fixed in subsequent image

e) Timeshift - Would be fixed in subsequent image

f) Media player issues - Would be fixed in subsequent image

Thanks in advance !!

The first part of your post sounds like glitching and is more than likely down to your share or slightly off tuning of channel - nothing to do with software.

What ecm times are you getting when this happens

0.5 ...is it good? bad ? Tonight I'll try to throttle down my internet usage and then check again for glitches

Its the box m8 happening to me all day today, happens to other owners too.

try 24-7-11 image it works perfect with Seagate hard disk or usb adopter
and fallow my ABC you will not experience any above problems

To be honest, there is nothing wrong with the DW image either

If you using clines, this could be the problem - if you use a subbed box, put your card in the TM to see if it cures the problem

or you could try BBC HD or ITVHD - if these are fine then pretty sure it will be your connection

Do you use wifi or fixed lan?

Rickie, the audio drop out on HD out was happening to me all day yesterday, I use aline connected to a dm 600 upstairs it stoped thismorning when i turned eveything back on.

kids had Disney XD on then turned over to Cinimagic and drop outs were bad
whats that comedian guy from the seventies who done that thing with his voice and a mike ? Norman Collier was it ? lol
Ill put last iQ backup on later as it never done it with that

could you PM me the lottery results from the night before this image was released please ;)

I too had observed the typo :) 24-Jul-2011 instead of 24-Jun-2011.

Anyways, of my list which ones does this image claim to address ?? Hard disk, glitches, media player, time-shift, skins ?

I use a Cline on a wired broadband....would try the freeview HD channels and my sub card today...the question is if it was the internet, I would expect these glitches on all pay channels, not only on specific HD channels...

could you PM me the lottery results from the night before this image was released please ;)

some channels request permission to clear more than others m8, on some providors premium channels, they need a new key roughly every 7 seconds, and itll be on of a pair of ever changing keys, some smaller providors change keys once a month

ah...that's a new learning for me...!!

Update on the glitch issues : Haven't faced it in a few days so given the transient nature, I would say its due to the network rather than anything else..would keep monitoring....

Any help on fixing the hard drive issue appreciated...if I pre-formatted the the drive in Ext3 format before installing it internally, would it detect and work ?

You could try ext2, i dont think ext3 is supported.The first time i added my external drive i pre- formatted and that worked , cant say about internal ,just try it and see.

Will try that...but judging from your comment, it seems even external drives connected on USB have problems? I thought the issue was only with the internal SATA ?

The box formats drives as ext2. But there should be no issue with it using ext3. Linux is happy to mount an ext3 partition as ext2, it just does not use the journal. Ext2 is slightly less cpu intensive and with a board that, even at its theoretical best, can only support 20% of the sata disk transfer speed every little helps.

However if you are using the disk with a usb converter then it is the converter that handles the disk protocol and and presents to the box as a stream device similar to scsi. But at at much lower theoretical maximum throughput.

Jimux,
Thanks for the great info.

So it seems, using a SATA-USB converter, either from TM OR using an external USB HDD (by converting my internal HDD to an external one by putting it in a SATA to USB enclosure), I should not face any Hard Drive issues?

I like the portability of an external drive but wanted to put in an internal drive because of SATA speeds. Would recording HD content over USB be an issue ?

Fingers-crossed if the internal drive issues are fixed in a new image, I would be able to utilize the SATA.

Recording HD to usb is fine, even 2 SD channels simultaneously. An HD recording requires a maximum of about 2.3Mb/s and I have a very elderly CIcon box that copes perfectly. I have recently been using a Buffalo MiniStation which takes its power from the usb port and has a potential throughput of over 100Mb/s.

And some of the usb sticks are about 10-20 times faster than a spinning disk.

Recording HD to usb is fine, even 2 SD channels simultaneously.

Thanks for the clarification. Wish I could record two on the TM800HD ....I guess that's one of the things TM800HD hardware left us wishing with...a second tuner, that allows for watching one channel while recording another or recording two channels !! :p

I would be receiving my hard drive enclosure tomorrow and would give it a shot. Had emailed TM support asking for a SATA-USB adapter...didn't hear anything from them...so ordered a cheap SATA-USB enclosure on ebay.

Back