Tm800-dw-04-04-11

how is this the most responsive Bally ?
you are always saying
channel change is 5 seconds
audio is low on HD

give me 3 good reasons why I should change give me 3 good UR_ changes that would make me change from 8/3/skinny image

@RAT

Hi mate , i dont think that there are noticeable significant changes in the latest images.They may be steps leading up to a major release( dare i say media player) but nothing that improves on using the box as a tv receiver.If your are happy with the image you are using stick with it.Personally i always load the latest image regardless.

I see what your saying jsaw :)

those involved in the DW images do a fantastic job :)
I refuse to install a bog standard UR_ image onto my box now had have done for a good few updates

all I see changed in this image was HDD and TS Mount

so see no reason to update at this point, I was just questioning what Bally meant thats all

:)

Just a heads up for those who havent updated to this image yet, do it lol! This is the most responsive and stable image to date.

I know that Dude :) but the 2 addons dont affect me

I wondered what Bally knew about responsive and stable over the one Im using thats all

dont worry mate its just me going on ;)

For me there has been massive speed increase in menu speed and response time when trying to navigate and buttons pushes. Also before I would end up pressing standby button a few times then it would turn on and off 3-4 times because of the lag but no longer having that problem.

For me the setup my TM from scratch takes less than 5minutes after flash, thats including installing of dw live panel, epgimport, cooltv, updating epg sources, setting epg in source, downloading picons, channel list & plugin, mounting swap file, changing spinner cogs, downloading temp fixes.

Last edited:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I think we can all do that, ive flashed mine so many times the box almost configures itself, i also dont configure wireless using wizard i do it after resetting .
i agree remote response has improved.

Everyone might of been abel to do that but the increase of menu speed is made the experience a lot better and quiker imo.

What i meant was that its not the image that improves set up time.It comes from having done it so many times you dont have to think about what to do next.It becomes automatic and speeds up your configuration.

yeh but the point im trying to get across the same process took me x amount time but no the exact same process imo is quicker because menu is more responsive.

Either still some major improvements needs to be made and I am hoping by the end of the month HD audio bug will be fixed!

Are you getting the Norman Collier effect on HD encrypted channels or the low volume.The loss of audio for one or two words is probably a bug and can be fixed but i think the low volume is here to stay.I know someone who almost posted that he had the same issue with Vgn subbed box but didnt because it was running in the TM800 section so i have done it for him.

Last edited:
Constant low volume on HD channels dont have the same problem on other E2 box.

yes I'm the same and can be up and running in good time, but

if I was honest I'm fed up with things changing from 1 image to another
this is not DW's fault its the way UR_ keep changing/disabling bits of code

it then has to be re written and things change like locations etc and its not fair on the end user

I just wish TM would wake up and see how bizarre UR_'s way of doing things are

yeh can be annoying but I quite enjoy jumping from image to image for me thats where the hobby bit kicks in. I have another E2 box in the living room for family and that just works without probz. The TM is just for me to fook about until it gets sorted.

I moved the TM800 from the attic to the living room, so we can all enjoy the Masters in HD. I was surprised to see I now have this low-audio issue with the 52" Sony in the living room, problem that didn't exist on the 37" Beko from my attic. I moved the box along with all the cables, just popped the HDMI out of the Beko and into the Sony, so I am very surprised to see that sound is different.
Totally head scrather....

I have the problem on all my sets with HDMI in my house.

Couple of thngs:

Ok, from a full restart the internal HDD seems to connect everytime, I did notice tho' when you choose the option to restart enigma then the drive does not show up, not a major problem

I recorded a full movie, and watched it back with no problems - so thats great

I agree sound levels on some HD channels are a bit low, (however this is low priority for me)

1 other problem, query I have is I converted a downloaded video file from Xvid to a TS file... which plays Ok on VLC player on laptop, but one droped onto the TM's internal sata, and attempted to play via the TM800, I just get a black screen and nothing plays (it does not crash the box) any idea's?

1 last thing, older images (although never worked) had a web browser streaming option, which now seems to have gone.
Does this mean this function has been disgarded and will never work?

Regards

rickie

Back