TM600 - is it best value for under £100

drewb

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to spend under £100 on a linux receiver to start my education on this type of equipment.

Is the TM-600 a good starter box or should I try something else?

My main hope is CCCam stability, initially as client but maybe as server in future to feed my other box (currently Spiderbox HD).

Many Thanks
Drewb

I bought my whole setup (as in sig) for £160 plus delivery.

I set it up myself with help from a number of forums and I thinks its the dogs danglies.

CCcam has been perfectly stable for me and I love the PVR functioanlity.

Still got a few bits to learn but loving it

Yes TM600 for an original box (not cloned), the only other viable options for under 100 quid with PVR function is a clone Dreambox 600 or if your lucky a 2nd hand original Dreambox 600.

If you dont want PVR then you can get a clone Dream 500 for 50 quid delivered...

TM600 advantage is that you'll be able to source from a UK supplier and have 12 months warranty etc..Disadvantage is you dont have the range of software images generally only 1 image UR Team, tools, user base/community that the dreambox scene has (PLI, Nabilosat, Gemini etc..). You also get a higher spec out of a Dream 600 in terms of an additional 32meg RAM swappable tuners, analog mode, etc..

I think CCAM issues have been fixed on TM devices with the latest UR image,

For clone Dreamboxes generally you will get the best prices by ordering from a chineese based seller, which means support can be a headache..i.e: send the device back to China at your own cost.

I rate the tm600 way higher than the DM500 or 600 for picture quality. Tried them both before I got the tm600 and wasnt impressed but the techno was far sharper over a scart cable. And I managed to get mine for £84 delivered which I thought was a bargain.

I'd buy 3 clone DM500s for the price of 1 TM600 :)

ive compared a DM500 original, clone and TM500 (the 600 without USBs) side by side, as well as my original DM600, and id choose a TM purely for the sound quality, the picture is also better, and you have 3x USB ports

ok, so theres only really UR team images, but one thing ive always said, if it works, why bother updating it anyway?

which one is the best in terms of EPG - i have the TM600 and weekepg and i can work it - but i am after a box for me dad and was wondering if the dm500/600 offered a better and easier to use epg?

with PLi images (which i always used on my DMs) its similar, but now ive gotten used to weekepg, i find it easier to use

i suppose its just a case of getting used to using something new

Ok, I have taken the plunge and ordered a TM600.

If its stable and sound / audio is better, thats good enough for me.

I know the Dreambox is more versatile but it will do me for starters. Look out for my "How do I?" posts lol.

Thanks for the advice.

I haven't got weekepg working yet, is their a guide anywhere?

Back