TM5402 does it do BISS?

hwessinx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
As a rather new member I might be asking a question that is obvious to everyone, in that case excuse me, but I am still interested in a reply, please.

Living in Sweden, under 2F/2E limitations I wonder if someone can confirm by own experience that the TM5402 HD can receive a SR of 44100 or higher and that unit can decrypt BISS, i.e I-907 at 27.5 W? I have seen a number of professional units that can do this, but the price level is high.

If the 5402 works, does it need new software, or is the functionality built in from the beginning? I have asked dealers in Sweden but they prove significantly incompetent when it comes to these questions.

Thanks a lot. Then I can go ahead. This is an incredible forum. So quick, helpful, friendly and informative.

Thanks again!

Well I tried to find the patches but was not really able. I wonder if someone has made a "Technomate biss manual" for us, the rookies?

To access Biss keys press 8280 on your remote control,

!st go to a Biss channel that you want to decrypt then press 8280 now add the keys to an empty line,

If all lines are full then you can rewrite with active keys (keep a note of what line clears certain channels)

After you have compiled a complete list of Biss channels that you want to clear either remove all non-active keys with 00000 or just write over the old keys,

Now when you are on a channel that clears via Biss just press 8280 to view the active keys.

Many thanks.

I expect my Technomate by next week. Installed my 27.5 W dish today. Expect a 72 cm will do, but I am not quite sure yet. The satellite sits rather low on the horizon, 12 degrees or so. I will have another go when the temperature creeps over 5 degrees C. I hope I can help like you all do in due course.

Hi.
I now have my TM5402 M2, works beautifully. Also loaded the Phantompatch (for the M2), the Addon2 and softcam keys. Easy and works so good. Then tried to install a BISS key just to verify that I can do it. Took the 13 E al aoula at 12.683 V. Selected the channel, (stated encrypted of course), 8280 and got to the BISS menu and found 40 populated strings. What do I do here? Tried to write the BISS-code in line 1 (CA .. .. .. .. .. .. 5F), twice but the channel did not open. Which line to select? I should note which lines opens which channels, but I could not recognize any codes. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, should can someone help please.

Hi.
I now have my TM5402 M2, works beautifully. Also loaded the Phantompatch (for the M2), the Addon2 and softcam keys. Easy and works so good. Then tried to install a BISS key just to verify that I can do it. Took the 13 E al aoula at 12.683 V. Selected the channel, (stated encrypted of course), 8280 and got to the BISS menu and found 40 populated strings. What do I do here? Tried to write the BISS-code in line 1 (CA .. .. .. .. .. .. 5F), twice but the channel did not open. Which line to select? I should note which lines opens which channels, but I could not recognize any codes. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, should can someone help please.

SORRY!
Please delete previous post. As soon as you remember to "EXIT and SAVE" it works like a breeze!!!
Sorry!

Back