TM500 signal problems.

i agree mate,
we genuinely all do start somewhere and i was having a bad day so i will partially apologise but only partially because i am still going to stick to what i said.
There are so many guides out there on how to use a satmeter, i believe its ridiculous that anybody should have to ask how to use it.

This is one of the finest forums i have ever come across with regards to help and support but it doesnt mean we (myself included) should be taking libertys and putting the 'post new reply' button before that small google search box on the top right hand corner of the browser.

i just googled 'how to use a satmeter' and i did not even look past the first 3 results:
How to use the SatCure Satellite Finder Signal Meter
How to use Satellite Signal Meters
How to use the SatCure Satellite Finder Signal Meter

i swear to god that did not even take me 20 seconds to open up those pages and i believe just one of those links proide more info then any novice or intermediate user should need.

Unless you didn't notice i provided you with the basic instructions needed to use the satmeter just so i wouldnt look like a complete bast*rd when i gave you nothing more than 'a hint', yup thats right, i didn't directly abuse or flame anybody.

I dont mind helping and i probably always will (where i can) but its just that i have noticed a steady increase in the amount of people that would rather just sit on their arses and get other people to voluntarily do the hard work for them, and that is not soley aimed at the op.

Kind regards,
CrazyFool

I did use google myself and even watched a few vids on YouTube.
I just wanted any personal touches i.e using it to achieve the best results.
I have not received the meter yet that's why I asked if anyone had any guides or tips.
I also tried my dish with the internal meter of the stb.
I have got a slight idea of what to do now.
I understand why answered like that but, you could've just ignored it.
If you feel I was not trying.
Google is the 1st place I go to as it gives you anwers from all forums combined where the search word is mentioned.
A sat dish is 20 meters high up and I was looking for a safeway to use my meter.

i agree mate,
we genuinely all do start somewhere and i was having a bad day so i will partially apologise but only partially because i am still going to stick to what i said.
There are so many guides out there on how to use a satmeter, i believe its ridiculous that anybody should have to ask how to use it.

Thats why I felt the need to comment m8 as you do normally give freely your advice and hence my surprise at that statement,

In fairness google will usually give you all the answers you need,
but there is nothing like the first hand experience you get from people you talk to everyday,
which is what makes this forum as popular as it is :)

I did use google myself and even watched a few vids on YouTube.
I just wanted any personal touches i.e using it to achieve the best results.
I have not received the meter yet that's why I asked if anyone had any guides or tips.
I also tried my dish with the internal meter of the stb.
I have got a slight idea of what to do now.
I understand why answered like that but, you could've just ignored it.
If you feel I was not trying.
Google is the 1st place I go to as it gives you anwers from all forums combined where the search word is mentioned.
A sat dish is 20 meters high up and I was looking for a safeway to use my meter.

you'll need to get on the ladder either way as the dish will need adjusting.
I think you'll find that's the end of my rant, got of my chest what needed to be gotten off, no need for me to further discuss it,

Kind regards,
CrazyFool

I changed the lnb to a quad and then had to use the internal meter of a old sky box.
My konig has not arrived yet.

I was getting most channels except some kids so, I changed teh f's and all is ok now.

I tried to run a coax from a newly fitted lnb which is feeding a sky hd box to a tm500 but the signal is barely passing 20%.

It has been installled just a week ago. Why is there so low signal coming through to the TM?

Thanks

Thanks

I tried to run a coax from a newly fitted lnb which is feeding a sky hd box to a tm500 but the signal is barely passing 20%.

It has been installled just a week ago. Why is there so low signal coming through to the TM?

Thanks

Thanks

Bad quality coax or badly fitted connectors,
have you tried the TM in place of the sky box to see what the signal is like?

Failing all that it could just be a duff tuner.

as mentioned above, take out the hd sky box and try the tm on one of its feeds, could also be a dead output on the lnb, had a few lately myself, one last saturday.. make sure you havent got a short on the cable.

Back