Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TM500 signal problems.

morashid679

Inactive User
I scanned with a tm500 on sky uk but, everytime I don't get all the channels.
I think the signal is low. Is there a way I can increase it?
Also how can I split the feed from a single output lnb?

Thanks

Assume its a fixed dish mate on 28e?

You cant split the signal from a single output lnb. You could change the lnb to a dual output and then run a cable from the spare output to another receiver.

I had this problem. It was the Image playing up. I reinstalled the image and updated to the newest one at the time 16/3/10 i beleive. and all seems to be fine now.

morashid. when you change channel or press info it should show you the singnal strength and quality. look for snr, agc

The snr stays in the low side under 50.

What's the skew and how should I realign?

I don't want to mess it up even more.

Thanks

if you think it might be dish alignment, you could try sending my channel list for fixed dish on "28" to box to make it easier to know when they start working, rather then scanning to see.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232952/

So, Once I FTP the file over I don't need to scan like always?

Do I just leave on a channel and realign to see if it clears?

Where does the file need to be ftp'd to the box, i.e folder.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
On one if the boxes I checked with a standard sky dish & the signal level and quality were half the normal required on the measure bar.

I will try by changing the cable 1st then the lnb.
Followed by tonedeff's suggestion.
If there are any other suggestions please state and I will give them a go.
Thanks

So, Once I FTP the file over I don't need to scan like always?

Do I just leave on a channel and realign to see if it clears?

Where does the file need to be ftp'd to the box, i.e folder.

Thanks

you could ftp it across but the way i pack files i meant for sending with list editor, much easier to use DBedit to manage channel list updates etc.

i suggest using v2*** of DreamboxEdit.

if you do decide to try and tweak the dish, remember that its only very small movements as a half an inch in any direction can make the difference between excellent signal strength and no signal, might be worthwhile investing in a cheap satellite meter, guess youd pick 1 up for around 20 quid nowadays..

I have purchased a konig sat meter and a quad lnb.
Is there a guide to using the meter?
It's just got a needle and numbers as I seen in the pic.
Thanks

theres an old saying in the scene.
'if all else fails, read the instructions'

even though the instructions are on the ebay listing you probabaly bought it from (i read them myself)
im feeling nice today.

plug your lnb into the meter where it says 'to lnb' plug the other side all the way into your box,
start making adjustments to your dish first of all. google dish pointer, and it will tell you what the north south angle should be on the dish. align it according to the markings on the back of the dish.

now move your dish side to side (small movements) the needle wlll start going crazy and will beep when fine tuning.

Install your lnb first seeing as you already bought it, have a look on youtube for guides.

God i hate spoon feeding,
Regards,
CrazyFool.

Last edited:
I purchased it from amazon.
It didn't have a guide and all I wanted was a push in the right direction.
I didn't want to be spoonfed m8 and were all here to learn new things and help out others.

guess your dish is already in the ball park so to speak, as your getting some channels. there will be a knob on the meter to adjust sensitivity, turn it so the needle is around half scale then tweak the dish for max meter deflection, adjust sensitivity if needed.

if you go into the "satellite installation & tp edit" menu dropdown to(2)satfind there is a good meter there.

Back