TM500 - Password Recovery on a URSR image

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am writing the following in case others, like myself, struggled to reflash or obtain the password off a TM500 with a URSR image on it.

My box was given to me and came loaded with an old 2009 URSR image with a preset password that I forgot to ask for.
I tried all the standard ones such as - <blank>, admin etc, however all failed.

I then tried to ftp to the box with again the same UN/PW combinations, which again failed.
Tuxbox was not installed on the box and not available to download through the blue panel.

Luckily through a little guide I came across how to get the box into re-flashing mode without using any software and on this page it allowed me to view the cccam.cfg and extract information, if required.

What you do is turn the switch off the back of the TM500 and then hold the reset button at the front, while switching the box back on.
Wait for around 5-10 seconds until you see 2-3 digits on the front of the box LCD (the digits will be the 4 part to your IP e.g. 192.168.0.xxx)

Now on your pc, open a browser page and key in the IP address of the box (which you just obtained).
From here you will now be able to back up the channels, bouquets, read the cams and backup/flash an image.

Hope the above helps others that had/have the same situation as I did and If anyone needs further clarification to the above, please let me know.

this will allow you access to the receivers 'miniweb' which allows you to edit 'your' cccam.cfg file etc, it wont however allow you to access the hidden files that the URSR software uses to connect you to your dealers server

you are also unable to load your own channel boquets due to this, and you can only install the plugins that are provided on the (limited) server, you cannot manually install anything

from an end users point of view, the URSR software is the worst image ever released on any receiver, frm ripoff traders point of view, its the best as the end user cannot view or change anything, so they have to go back to the trader and get charged every time

if youve extracted cccam data, try it on a different receiver before flashing your one, then dump the ursr image, but, in doing so you may lose access to pre installed servers that you cannot get the details to

Been there done that got the t-shirt. Got help from the best on here but only way was to re-flash and get new cline. To get password was impossible no password no root, no root then no chance of changing password

Back