Tm500 channel help

MagicMajed

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello there fellow user,

I have recently purchased a TM500 box and the guy set me up, as it stands, I am happy with what I am getting, but there are a few things that I do not like and can not get used to.

I know that there is a sticky for the question but as I am very new to the satellite scene and to these linux box recievers, I have no clue on what I am doing.

Basically, when I got the box, the channel numbers were very, very strange and mixed up, and I am used to the Sky UK channel no., I was hoping if someone could talk me through in-depth about how I would change these numbers to fit the sky numbers to the 'London' listings, so 101 will become BBC ONE London. And if i do change the channel numbers, will I lose the paid channels because the numbers dont sync to him perhaps?

Another thing is, the EPG only shows what is going to come on next, how can I change that so I can view whats going to air in the near future?

any sort of help is appreciated, sorry for the newbie questions.

Thanks in advance,

Magic. :D

Hi Magic,
Welcome to the forum. If you have brought a prepaid box that works without you doing anything to the software its possible it may be locked down and you wont be able to do anything with it.
The TM500 is a great box and usually comes with the channel list set out in favorites, Ie, Entertainment channels grouped together, sport, movies, kids, news etc. channels lists can be found here: Enigma 1 Channel Lists
I would recomend Rat's but he has become a bit lazy and hasnt updated it in a few months :Biggrin2:
This thread will tell you about a program that will let you edit the channel list to suit yourself: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/247942/

Before you go doing all that have a good read through out the forums, 99% of answers are there and if they're not its just because someone hasn't asked the question yet.
Oh and pop into this forum first and say hello, Who Are You ?

We like people that interact with us, keeps us from fighting among ourselves. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply, just wondering if I put Rat's bouquet, will that change channel numbers?

You may be able to change the channel numbers but if you use it for a day you will find its easier to use than the sky layout.

Back