TM2600 - wobbly tube, dish attatchment

Chris Williams

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

I had a bit of mare in the heavy Jan winds and my whole shebang come down off the wall, plank it was bolted onto included, unfortunately its wooden boards.

the dish is ok, a few dents, the feed arm needed rebent, and its pretty damn true now.

However the tube the dish attaches to the motor is loose so no I need to compensate, i live way up north at 57deg and so the Tilt part on the dish to motor is as far up as it will go. I cant tighten the bolt that holds it on anymore.

So the Q is

Can I tilt the motor angle "up a bit" and get the similar result or will that put me off arc altogether. as a test looking at any sat i find, if i manually tilt the dish up then i can about 30%improvement in signal quality to some TP's. or maybe a new tube and bolt only if it can be got?

last resort is a new motor.

tia!

you could take it apart and try the adjusters inside to tighten it up and then also tighten the main bolt that goes through the motor stub as well, but it may be beyond repair to actually get back to its former glory which will mean a new motor.

as for the 'up a bit' you are correct in saying it will knock you off the ARC not on the closer range sats but when you start going to the extremes it will show.

Back