tm nano

wildchuck

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thinking of changing my tm800 for a tm nano, anybody know anything about them, mainly are they any good? EPG etc

It is good. Works well like the Twin, 2T and Single. You have only two usb ports, worth bearing in mind if you plan to stick a wifi adapter in it. Same dimension as the 5302 and comes without a fan, you dont need it unless you have a HDD to be honest.

On the downside..
You will be affected by the timer recordings issue which the driver techs are trying to fix.
You will have to pay more for the HDD fixing.

See following thread for more details

Last edited by a moderator:
If your planning on using an internal hard drive, best bet is to wait till the timed recordings bug is fixed before splashing out any money on a TM Nano. As you already own a TM800 you'll be well aware of TM's track record on bug fixes that never appear !
So if your going to end up paying for a reciever, then extra for a Hard Drive cradle kit and timed recordings still dont work it's not the best scenario. I didnt know about the lack of internal fan for cooling, do they provide an add on fan with the hard disk kit ? If not again it's rather crap having no means to compensate for the extra heat generated by a hard disk.
If your not planning to have a hard disk or use the box for recordings then these issues don't affect you . You should be good to go.
But then again if you dont need internal hard disk capibility buy a VU SOLO clone they're about £90 delivered no internal hard disk support but they run all latest images including VIX and BH and theres no reported timer bugs. Lower spec CPU and chipset though. Or you can always drop a DM800SE with A8P SIM for around the same price as a Nano but they have full internal SATA hard disk support as standard, runs all latest images no timer recordings bugs, silent software contrallable fan as standard.

Fan is included with HDD kit. Fan is not needed if not using a HDD.

Last edited:
Received the nano today, all setup just wondering what plugins people recommend.

Don't forget that as it is not a dual boot receiver, you don't lose memory for an OS you won't use. You get the whole 256MB.

Ondemand, available on the plugins feed. At last.
Autobouquets by Lraizer, 01/03/2013 version available on the plugins feed too. Make sure you reboot before you run it.
Rats Picon updater.

Icefilms/TSmedia/1channel.

Last edited:
i have added rats channel list, picon updater, on demand, ice films. what is tsmedia? and where do i find it

It lets you watch programs over the internet. Vewrsion 1.4 is in the ipk section. You will have to update, latest version is 2.2. Your receiver is using OE 2.0 software. It the feed is iffy, you end up getting stuck with the spinning cogs needing a restart.

Sorry, should have said. It's on the forum. If you have not got the 1channel fixed version, you can get it there too.

Downloads > Satellite Downloads > Enigma 2 Plugins, IPK Files And Tools

Last edited:
one last question, is there anyway I can assign the coloured buttons to do certain plugins, as in red button for ice films, green button for channel list updater.

Back