Tm 9100

liverpoolmem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi can someone tell me about the tm 9100 linux box a lot of frends
are telling me to buy one but i am very confused . It has to be connected
to the net? I think you have to card share? Wat is card share? Can some one please help..... A big thankyou in advaced.

the 9100 is a very advanced (and in my experience, unstable) bit of kit m8. its not a receiver that you can just plug in, scan for channels and sit and watch. it needs to be flashed with an image for it to even start to be usefull, then software cams and cardservers need installing to activate the built in card readers

a little networking knowledge would be good, as to get the most from them, they should really be connected to a broadband router, even if just for setting up

card sharing is more advanced again, where more than one box is able to connect to an officially paid for viewing subscription card, either via a local network or the internet

the learning curve on these type of receiver is near vertical, but if you have a lot of spare time, a lot of patience and like a bit of a challenge, then itll be just the thing, if you like simple plug and play, then its not for you

Back