TM 6900Super streaming to Kindle Fire

Gwyn1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can any member advise me if it is possible, and if so how do I go about it, to stream Sat programs received by my Satellite Rx or PC Hauppauge TV Sat Card to my Kindle Fire.
My system is comprised of a Technomate 6900HD linked by Serial cable to a PC, and also a cat 5 cable to my Netgear router DGND3300 v2. Both links are in full working order when required. I also have a Hauppauge Sat TV Card in the PC connected to a second LNB on the Sat Dish.
My Kindle is wi fi linked to the Netgear router and works fine for ‘CatchUp’ and BBC i Player et al, but I would also like to watch certain Sat Programs on the Kindle Fire. What do I need to do (if possible)to stream my Sat programs, either from the TM6900Super or PC Sat Card, via the Wi Fi to my Kindle
Any Suggestion would be gratefully received.

You wont be doing it via the TM6900 sorry to say, with the PC card you may be able to do something with having it go through VLC and then have VLC relay the stream out from the PC

Buy a D r e a m b o x or alike open os linux based sat receiver. I would not even consider the stream option by using vlc. 2 much hassle, end result looks horrible( I used this once with tm500 vlan vlc in order to watch my divx movies from distance which were stored on a network Harddisk)

Hauppage, fine cards. have you looked at media center packages to install on pc like myth etc ... I'm sure you could some cool stuff with those.(and maybe built in streaming, don't know, look it up)

Hi Guys - thanks for your suggestions - Have given up trying to configure VLC.
Will now turn my attention to trying Myth on my PC, - or any other recommended system ?

Back