TM-6900 Super review *** WARNING Picture Heavy ***

what is the extra rf used for? what does it feed in to the tv? sat signals or stand tv signals vis antenna

There are 2xRF inputs and outputs. The 2 along the left edge (as you look at it from the rear) are for Freeview whereas the 2 in the middle of the rear panel are for redistribution of the RF signal after adding the output of the 6900 Super. Sadly, these are not linked in any way so if you are using your aerial to view Freeview you cannot distribute the satellite RF signal around your house as that uses the 2nd set of RF sockets. The same happens if you chose to distribute the signal around your house. Freeview doesn't work as it has no aerial input.

As I see it there are three possible answers:

1. Install a 2nd aerial solely for Freeview
  2. Install an aerial splitter so that the Freeview RF IN and Digital Satellite RF in are both fed.
  3. Install a "fly lead" to bridge the 2 RF circuits together. I have tried this but the signal degrades considerably, even using CT100 cable for the lead.

I currently don't bother with Freeview as I haven't decided how I'm going to get round this problem yet. I suspect a TM-6800 Super would be more my liking but I'm NOT buying another box :FRIGHT:

There are 2xRF inputs and outputs. The 2 along the left edge (as you look at it from the rear) are for Freeview whereas the 2 in the middle of the rear panel are for redistribution of the RF signal after adding the output of the 6900 Super. Sadly, these are not linked in any way so if you are using your aerial to view Freeview you cannot distribute the satellite RF signal around your house as that uses the 2nd set of RF sockets. The same happens if you chose to distribute the signal around your house. Freeview doesn't work as it has no aerial input.

As I see it there are three possible answers:

1. Install a 2nd aerial solely for Freeview
  2. Install an aerial splitter so that the Freeview RF IN and Digital Satellite RF in are both fed.
  3. Install a "fly lead" to bridge the 2 RF circuits together. I have tried this but the signal degrades considerably, even using CT100 cable for the lead.

I currently don't bother with Freeview as I haven't decided how I'm going to get round this problem yet. I suspect a TM-6800 Super would be more my liking but I'm NOT buying another box :FRIGHT:

thanks mate

Back