Tm-6800hd absolute newbie!!!

HazBo78

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly I must say I'm an absolute beginner to Sat stuff.

I would like to learn how one receives foreign channels sports, movies etc.. without a subscription also if it's possible to do that with Sky package too.

I have a TM-6800HD but also a DMVBOX DM500V8 (Dreambox clone) I have an 80cm Dish and a Technomate motor, I have a satellite guy come and install the dish and get the alignments all correct.

I have seen on a website offers such as entire sky package at discounted rate, but I believe this is only available on linux boxes yet I want to take advantage of HD channels

Please can anyone offer me a solution

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Download latest 6800 patch from this site (warning you dont say whether its 6800 original or super - which have different patches)

Then download and install latest softcam - works for both boxes

If you watch this site you will see when softcam changes (quite often)

The thread for softcam will tell you which channels it opens (at moment Bulsat on 36E is favourite for movies in english and sport but not necessarily with english commentary - but likely to have limited life I gather )

You will also be able to open all Freesat channels on 28E but not S*y

As well you can open all FTA channels on all satellites

For lists of all FTA channels see lyngsat.com, but caution it depends where you live as to which channels are recivable - click on Beam to find out each footprint)

Good watching

Many thanks for your response, however is that site the best value for money or are some better ones.

Also Most of these sites only have how-to instructions for Dreambox not Technomate, can it be done on a Technomate box.

BTW my box in not a Super one

Many thanks for your response, however is that site the best value for money or are some better ones.

Also Most of these sites only have how-to instructions for Dreambox not Technomate, can it be done on a Technomate box.

BTW my box in not a Super one

U could get $ky with cccam with a sub to a server if you have the 6800super version.Do you have a lanport on your 6800?if not you would have to use sssp
this is a bit outdated.All patches would be found here http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php

Since you do not have a Super Model you cannot use the special plugin (cccam/newcamd)

As for the SSSP , people had mixed result with this. Windows7 seems to be hard to configure.
You need a serial port and nulmodem cable on yr laptop/PC that is hooked on yr homenetwork and connected towards internet depending on what you want to do. Look into SSSP with HDVB thread for further information.
needed as well : a very stable Cccam/newcamd/gbox server together with HDVB, maybe you can connect it with a setup on yr dreambox clone ?

thanks for your responses.

It's seems quite a difficult task, my laptop doesn't have a serial port, would a usb to serial cable work?

Also it may seem easier just setting it up on the dreambox, reason why I haven't done that is because the dreambox setup screen is much harder, I have the dish aligned at Astra 28 degrees and I recieve all the free channels on my technomate, bbc, itv etc... but when I connect the dreambox to the sat and try to setup the unit on the same sat Astra, I'm getting no free channels, partly I think is because it's not an easy menu to work with.

If you can assist with setting up the dreambox on free channels that would be great, I have search google for setting up dreambox but everything is coming up with very technical info.

thanks

Back