TM-600pvr and hard disks

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
attached are a few pictures of different drives/sticks that are known to be fully compatible with the TM-600, this includes usb pocket drives, memory sticks and an IDE-USB adaptor for full size HDD

A few more pics of known working drives, memory sticks and cards/adaptors known working on the TM-600pvr

Damn not enough posts to see ur pics :(.

Ive added an 40gb ide drive internally with the use of a usb adaptor bought from fleabay for £4.99 free p&p and it seems to be working.
Ill post when i have has more time to check it out

I tried a card reader today with 2 gig sd flash card in and it worked no problem

Coley

I tried different hard drive wd passport320gb seagate and one made by me in the caddy usb , the work fine but when I switch off the tm 600 the hard drive staying spinning (does not go in stand by)even after half an hour.Does any one else have the same problem.

were you guys getting the usb to ide converters from and how much

Coley

i bought some off deal extreme for a few $$, usb-ide and usb-sata

dunno why but i cannot load up digi's pics.. it tries to load and nothing more..

ok so I have had no luck with using my pc hardrive as recording medium for my tm 600. So now I need a usb to ide converter but which one works will they all work. Or do I have to be careful which one to get. Scan in bolton have them for around a tenner.

Do they they need drivers or power supply etc

Coley

just got a usb serial converter from the pc shop next door.(so except more qs lol) He also had on that did usb/ide or sata with 2 usb plugs on it would sata drive work with this.

Coley

Nothings easy in this world is it the first usb/ide did not work with the technomate 600. So they had another one at the pc shop with sata on aswell so I tried it an it worked first time. Dont know why it would not work as it looked pretty much like the one in digidudes pics. The new one has 2 usb connectors on it so you can get extra power if you dont want to use or have not got a power cable for the drive available which is handy.

So I have ordered one for tomorrow. I will test out a couple of sata drives aswell

Coley

My "Kingston DataTraveler 100 16 GB" still doesnt work in TM600 after the update on new image, but few days ago i orderd adifferent type of drive, arrived this morning and seems to be working fine it's a "Kingston DataTraveler G2 16 GB"

137550d1252332516saleki.gif

yep thats about right. it depends on the bitrate/quality of what your recording.

Back