TM-600 Editing recordings.epl file?

Popcorn

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, I had some recordings left over from a previous image that didn't show up in the movies list (on box, file list>green button) and on webui>movies, but they played ok otherwise. I found a file on the Hdd "recordings.epl" which is the above list, edited it in notepad adding these movies to the list and they now show up and play on the box (file list>green button) and on show up in webui>movies, i can now download them from webui movies but now cannot play movies with vlc player. I get the message "vlc is unable to open the file at 192.168.0.9" etc. even a newly added recording added to the list by the box. I can however view zapstream, and play movies from (root>mnt>usb1>movies) in webui with vlc. I think by edditing this file in notepad i have messed up the vlc link somehow. I have tried saving the file in different formats ANSII and utf-8 etc. There is some hex in the file and i'm not sure how notepad handles hex.
Any ideas? What other program could this file be eddited with? it seems like a simple text file with some hex in it.
Thanks for reading
Alun

Back