TM-5402 HD M2 CI super

theo69

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just taken delivery of the above STB,is there any great differance between this M2 model and the none M2 ?

Stop cloning lol, blade was out first.

So i believe,but basically there is no difference between TM-5402 and TM-5402 M2 except extra micom security chip.

TM-5402-M2 software will not download to TM-5402.

Thanks,does not seem to be a lot of choice of software for the M2 model as I am starting from scratch with this model.

Thanks,does not seem to be a lot of choice of software for the M2 model as I am starting from scratch with this model.

There ain't many firmware releases as the m2 has not been out that long.

OK cheers for the info,I shall have to wait awhile for more choice of firmware.

Have now set up the stb and installed the latest firmware and softcam,am very pleased with results.Many thanks for your help am sure I will be asking for further help in the near future.chears.

Found it
-http://www.satclones.com/history_of_sat/Receiver/hubtech.htm

Attachments

• maxdigital_hd-pvr225combo.jpg
    maxdigital_hd-pvr225combo.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 150
  • maxplus-hts9300.jpg
    maxplus-hts9300.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
re TM-5402 HD M2 (TM5402HD CI+Super+) e-mail sent 23:02:2013

Dear TM Staff

Can you tell me Blind Scan fault in the Hardware of the TM5402HD has been addressed with this TM5402HD Mk-2 release (TM5402HD CI+Super+)

The Blind Scan fault is to do with the symbol rate found by the TM5402HD when using the Blind Scan,

When a low symbol rate is in use a 45,000 s/r is added to the transponder database = no signal I have checked what the correct symbol rate should be with the TM6900HD Super+,

I have highlighted this problem with the Blind Scan & the TM5402HD before & was hoping that with this new release you have now solved the Hardware problem,

If you cannot confirm this then maybe you could send a TM5402HD Mk2 / TM5402HD CI+Super+ to me to test for you as I have done in the past,

No reply to this e-mail after two months !

Hi Merlin

Did you ever get reply from TM it has now 6 months +?

or have later patches resolved the issue you highlighted.

Yes a couple of months ago they stated that the Blind Scan glitch on the TM5402HD was a software writing error,

But unlike the TM5302HD where they spent 2 weeks rewriting the software to make the Blind Scan work + some feedback from me now the TM5302HD has an excellent Blind Scan,

Despite their best efforts so far to correct the Blind Scan error no further progress has been made with this issue,

The lastest software issued (-Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_M1_133p_28-08-13.stb) the Blind Scan does not work so I went back to 117p.

Likewise with (-Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_M2_ALL_107p_28-08-13-.stb) so I have read as I do not have this version.

Maybe with a new releaseof the TM5402 HD M3 a rebuild of the software will solve this Blind Scan error ? we can but hope as this is an excellent receiver just let down by poorly written software.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity where are TM based.

Read quite a few posts and general feedback is that they make good, reliable hardware but can be lacking in the software and support side of thing.

Found on the TM site:-

Corporate Headquarters:

Technomate Ltd
Unit 11 Nobel Road
Eley Industrial Estate
Edmonton
London N18 3BH
United Kingdom

Telephone
+44 (0)20 8884 0701

Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday, 09:00 – 18:00

You are welcome to visit our showroom at Technomate HQ.

Hi Merliin et al,

When I first started buying Technomate receivers... the original company selling them was Myers Satellite and they were located at...

328, Hoe Street
Walthamstow
London
E17 9PX

I believe they then moved to new premises in North London and became Technomate Ltd.

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Merliin et al,

When I first started buying Technomate receivers... the original company selling them was Myers Satellite and they were located at...

328, Hoe Street
Walthamstow
London
E17 9PX

I believe they then moved to new premises in North London and became Technomate Ltd.

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Yes I remember the shop vey well.

Last edited:
Back