VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi again all,

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ CNDF (USALS) 26.02.2013

Updated all Transponders on all active Satellites 30.0°W > 60.0°E

Thanks to Flysat/KingOfSat/Lyngsat

Added new Satellite/Deleted old Satellite
Added Modulation & FEC's on all Transponders
No Feed Transponders (except on satellites with no actual channels)
No Internet/Data Stream Transponders
Separated some 'Fringe' Satellites for better dish positioning/alignment
All unused (empty) Satellite slots de-activated

All active satellites now set to the USALS positioning system

Added a 'Read Me' file
Guide for setting up USALS Positioning on TM 5402 HD

Thanks to digi247 for his assistance

NB
I am unable to test this new CNDF file on my TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ using the USALS Positioning system as I use a 36v motor on my Fibo dish and I move my dish manually using the DiSEqC 1.2 commands in the receivers' menu...

This CNDF file should also be compatible with the TM 6800 HD Super+

PLEASE BE AWARE
There are no TV/Radio channels stored in this file

Please make a back-up copy of your own CNDF file before you try this one...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch,

When I had my motorized system installed, it was set up using diseqc Motor 1.2 (despite asking for USALS...but that’s a different story).

Last night, I was playing with this, which works a treat (thanks to jetsetw), so I thought I’d attempt to change the set-up to USALS using your great guide for setting up USALS Positioning on TM 5402 HD, but I’m afraid I did not succeed.

Basically, it’s all fine until I change it to USALS (either using your blank list or the one created with TP updater). Level and Quality bars turn red and nothing happens when I select ‘Go To’.

I’ve double checked the co-ordinates, and they are correct. FYI – with DiseqC 1.2 I can normally get most satellites from 45E to 30W.

Do you think it’s something to do with the dish alignment/settings? Taking into account that, due to some mobility limitations, I am unable to physically check the dish, is there anything else I can test to make it work?

Separately, I was reading with great interest this post about the blind scan issue, and I was wondering if there is an update on this (i.e. has it been fixed?).

Apologies for all these questions. I am trying to learn, and reading some old posts on this forum is helping me a great deal.

Many thanks in advance,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Zorch,

When I had my motorized system installed, it was set up using diseqc Motor 1.2 (despite asking for USALS...but that’s a different story).

Last night, I was playing with this, which works a treat (thanks to jetsetw), so I thought I’d attempt to change the set-up to USALS using your great guide for setting up USALS Positioning on TM 5402 HD, but I’m afraid I did not succeed.

Basically, it’s all fine until I change it to USALS (either using your blank list or the one created with TP updater). Level and Quality bars turn red and nothing happens when I select ‘Go To’.

I’ve double checked the co-ordinates, and they are correct. FYI – with DiseqC 1.2 I can normally get most satellites from 45E to 30W.

Do you think it’s something to do with the dish alignment/settings? Taking into account that, due to some mobility limitations, I am unable to physically check the dish, is there anything else I can test to make it work?

Separately, I was reading with great interest this post about the blind scan issue, and I was wondering if there is an update on this (i.e. has it been fixed?).

Apologies for all these questions. I am trying to learn, and reading some old posts on this forum is helping me a great deal.

Many thanks in advance,

if your dish has been set up using diseqc 1.2 you cannot use usals although if its been set up using usals you can use either... the only way you be able to use usals is go up the ladder and re-align the dish using usals. regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
@mdt Thank you v. much.
This is bad news. I am actually quite p... off because when I queried with the installer why the system was not set-up using USALS as requested, I was told that if I wanted to change it at a later date I could easily do so just by changing the setting in the box. Oh, well... At least now I know, but I have to live with it, due to my personal circumstances.

if your dish has been set up using diseqc 1.2 you cannot use usals although if its been set up using usals you can use either... the only way you be able to use usals is go up the ladder and re-align the dish using usals. regards mdt

Never tried it but why's that? If the dish is traversing the arc ok and the motor can use usals why can't you switch without adjusting the dish?

Never tried it but why's that? If the dish is traversing the arc ok and the motor can use usals why can't you switch without adjusting the dish?

this is how i understand it..... when using usals you set the motor scale to zero then send the dish to 1 west and usals calculates the position from zero by going off the lat/long co-ordinates and then peak the dish from there and when using diseqc 1.2 you set to zero on the scale, find 1 west ajust to peak and store manually and then store each position after that... if you dont believe me then try using usals if your dish has been set up with diseqc 1.2. on the 70 or so motorised dishes ive installed(im far from a expert at it) ive used usals and it works fine,regards mdt

Not doubting you mate like I said I've never tried it. Use usals myself apart from my 1.8 actuator job but that was over 10 years ago and all I remember about that was it was hard work ;-)

Just seems weird if an h2h is tracking the arc it couldn't just switch to usals once you had the one sat sorted...

Back