Thomson Recordable Digibox Not Working?

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but my mother-in-laws Thomson DTR 250 decided to hang up on Sunday (now called Doomsday Sunday by some owners), by simply showing an amber light and repeatedly trying to reboot itself.

Looks like they tried a software/firmware update, and messed up BIG STYLE!!!

So, if you or anyone you know owns a Thomson DTR box that isn't working(as described above), here's how to fix it, although it will scrub any programmes and favourite channels you saved!

1. Disconnect the power lead from the back of the box.

2. After 20 seconds, reconnect the cable to the box, and at the same time, repeatedly press the stand-by button on the front of the box.

3. NOTE: As soon as you start pressing the stand-by button, the amber light goes steady after the first press!

4. As soon as the amber light goes steady, briskly press the following sequence of buttons on the front panel of the box:

Up, Down, Left, Right

5. The amber light should flash once to confirm you were successful. Now wait for the red light to come on.

6. Press the stand-by button on your remote, pick a channel and you're away!!

If the top-up TV doesn't seem to work, pull out and put back in the card and it should work.

There should be software/firmware updates to the current FIXED version within a couple of hours.

This worked for me. If it still doesn't work for you, there's guys on here that are a million times more qualified than me to ask! I'm sure you wouln't be stuck!!

Back